New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Good Day Guys! Ask ako regarding sa Nissan Silvia 1999 i'm not familiar sa car na to it is imported and converted.. Can you say something about this car? Is it worth it kung trade in ko sa Safari 1996 Local.. Malakas ba sa gas ang Silvia? How about the maintainance and also the selling price nya in the market this 2011 ha? Help Guys! Thank A Lot!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Great car to drive. Parts not as easy to find as for local cars, but there are tuning shops that bring them in. Left-hand drive conversions can range from great to crap... so you'll have to evaluate it before buying. I've seen some that look like garbage... and some that are fantastic.

The answers to the rest of your questions will be easier to give if we know what particular variant and whether it's already converted or not.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're not really a car freak, you might just be saddened on how hard the Silvia is to maintain. It's not your typical Toyota wherein parts are everywhere, with the Silvia, you need a little more patience, but there are some shops which entertains these kind of vehicles. As far as I know, DMF Drift is one.

The overall car can range, as what Niky said, from great to crap. It all boils down on how the previous owner maintained it, or how was it converted -- if it already is.

Things can get complicated if the job isn't done properly. However, if you'll be able to find a good one then it should bring a smile on your face, well, probably except when you step on a gas station `cause as far as I can remember, its consumption ranges from 4 - 6km/L

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Great car to drive. Parts not as easy to find as for local cars, but there are tuning shops that bring them in. Left-hand drive conversions can range from great to crap... so you'll have to evaluate it before buying. I've seen some that look like garbage... and some that are fantastic.

The answers to the rest of your questions will be easier to give if we know what particular variant and whether it's already converted or not.
    Sir Niky,
    1999 NISSAN SILVIA S15 SR20DE and it's 2.0 4 cylinder then it's already converted all parts are stock automatic trany.. Not familiar kasi with this car nagagandahan lang din kasi ako sa look kaya medyo gusto ko..Malakas daw sa gas ito sir? How much po ba recent value today? Tnx!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Imported, like that? Maybe 400k. If they're asking for 500-600k, forget it, you can get a stock automatic local unit for 600-800k... And that's turbocharged, to boot. If I were to get a Japanese non-turbo unit, I'd get an MT.

Nissan Silvia 1999 :help: