New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    and i always thought that series 3 got 110hp in it. as far i could remember their brochure say so 110hp. or baka namali lang ako.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My brother had one. Bulletproof engine (timing chain system). The rear suspension is also very simple (less parts to break). The platform had a long lifespan being used up the first Exalta generation (lots of parts).

The car is now with my uncle. Somehow I still think it wasn't a very wise decision to have sold the unit. At least it was sold to a relative.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bryant77 View Post
    Series 4 - FE model, Engine GA13 - 79hp, Super Saloon, Engine: GA16DE - 115 hp, I think meron Ga14 engine ang series 4
    Series 3 - GA16DNE - 105hp
    Series 2 - Super Saloon Model, Engine:GA16DE - 115 hp
    - LEC model, Engine GA13 - 79hp
    The GA16DE engine was rated to produce 110hp.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-V View Post
    and i always thought that series 3 got 110hp in it. as far i could remember their brochure say so 110hp. or baka namali lang ako.
    yap me too.. so series 2 and series 4 use the same engine

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    yap me too.. so series 2 and series 4 use the same engine
    actually the sentras b13 (series 2) up to b14 (series 3, so called series 4 and the first generation exaltas) use the same engine. when it was launched noong series 2 pa, (correct me if i'm wrong) sya yung isa kung hindi man yung may pinakamataas na hp rating at that time. sya lang din ang timing chain.

OT po...
    so if you would get one, ok lang din ba series 2? heard it was the best sentra made daw. ok lang kaya mag automatic? ayaw ko na kasi mag manual eh... =) fc nya?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I see, reliable pala series 2 .. and my also beloved car heheh until now di pa ko tinirik kahit minsan except nung natanggal ung main supply sa relay heheh

sobrang OT na tlaga tau

fuel consumption i think is okay city driving cost me 11-13km/1 liter
    hiway driving around 16km/liter

although its 1.3 kaya nyang sabayan 2.0 sa pataasan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ridihil View Post
    actually the sentras b13 (series 2) up to b14 (series 3, so called series 4 and the first generation exaltas) use the same engine. when it was launched noong series 2 pa, (correct me if i'm wrong) sya yung isa kung hindi man yung may pinakamataas na hp rating at that time. sya lang din ang timing chain.
    Sentra B13 and the later Sentra B14 Exalta (Taiwan) models used the GA16DE = 110hp

Sentra B14 used GA16DNE including the Super Saloon, Super Touring models = 105hp

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sentra B13 and the later Sentra B14 Exalta (Taiwan) models used the GA16DE = 110hp

Sentra B14 used GA16DNE including the Super Saloon, Super Touring models = 105hp
    talaga? the GA16DNE made it here pala sa pinas? kasi sa mga brochures nila, kahit sa sentra exalta na first gen, GA16DE ang engine name na nilalagay nila. ganun pala =)

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    ... yup, the GA16DNE made it here... check the early b14 models, yung intake nila mababa, yun yung mga GA16DNE. I think you mga GA16DE on the B14's also have some small differences with the B13 GA16DE (yung cam settings iba ata and little thinngs like a plastic idle adjust screw on the newer models versus the steel unit in early b13 GA16DE's)... Despite the similar power ratings the cam settings on the newer engines allow for more usable power and torque daw...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for all the inputs guys.

I already got a 99 Series 4 Super Saloon on it's stock form.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan Sentra Series 3 is it still a good buy?