New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hello po sa inyo.. I just want to ask kung okay na po ba yung Nissan Sentra GX '09 all power for the price of 200k? Ang mileage po is nasa 80kms na din.

Any advise po before ko bilhin yung sasakyan? Thank your for your time..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yan*abc View Post
    Hello po sa inyo.. I just want to ask kung okay na po ba yung Nissan Sentra GX '09 all power for the price of 200k? Ang mileage po is nasa 80kms na din.

Any advise po before ko bilhin yung sasakyan? Thank your for your time..

Mura yan ah.
    As always the following may need to be checked:

a) Leaks
    b) Radiator and engine condition
    c) Electricals
    d) Rangkada
    e) Suspension
    f) Aircon
    g) Overheating
    h) Flooding
    i) Interiors

Bring along a trusted person or a mechanic for the detailed checking.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a 5 year old car with 80K on the odometer..
    how was it used before? if mostly hiway driving, baka puede pa. but if city-stop-and-go driving, i might be wary..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i have a Sentra GX '07 with 500,000kms. its still on its original engine and never overhauled.

common problems with the sentra are easy to fix:

1. Front suspension rattle (actually is the front brake caliper pin---needs machining)---cheap easy fix
    2. Hard clutch (goes with time.....as all cars do)---replace pressure plate and clutch lining
    3. Hand Brake cables "sticking"---lube it, or replace with new ones
    at 80k kms, i dont think there would be any other problems for as long as the car was well maintained.
    4. Overheating will never happen as long as both cooling fans are working
    5. Aircon will last forever just make sure you install an a/c filter behind the glove box
    6. The engine doesnt need a tune up, just change the oil and clean or replace the air filters
    7. The rear suspension is unbreakable........it will last the life of the car (except rear shocks).

and believe me, as long as you follow the maintenance schedule...the GX will last you a lifetime of regular use.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hello again! Thank you all for answering my questions.. I just got my GX this afternoon.. My uncle's trusted mechanic ensures that engine and all parts are still in good condition.. I think I am lucky to closed the deal for 200k.. Thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yan*abc View Post
    Hello again! Thank you all for answering my questions.. I just got my GX this afternoon.. My uncle's trusted mechanic ensures that engine and all parts are still in good condition.. I think I am lucky to closed the deal for 200k.. Thanks again.

Very nice deal! I'm planning to get one as well, an automatic if I can. Can I ask what did you get? an A/T or M/T and how's its Fuel Economy?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi guys!

Newbie here. I bought mine last month and im planning on upgrading its accessories. Do you any suggestions?

It is MT i got for 160k with 105k mileage. There are minor scratches that you wont notice not unless you really look at it.

I want to upgrade the sound system. It has a standard size stereo and 6in speakers. Im planning on buying the items online and have them installed in an autoshop. But i was wondering if theres a way to have the panel changed just so i can have a stereo with monitor etc? TIA to those who will make time to reply.

-Leah

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by leahtragico View Post
    Hi guys!

Newbie here. I bought mine last month and im planning on upgrading its accessories. Do you any suggestions?

It is MT i got for 160k with 105k mileage. There are minor scratches that you wont notice not unless you really look at it.

I want to upgrade the sound system. It has a standard size stereo and 6in speakers. Im planning on buying the items online and have them installed in an autoshop. But i was wondering if theres a way to have the panel changed just so i can have a stereo with monitor etc? TIA to those who will make time to reply.

-Leah
    What model do you have? I also got mine few weeks ago and also planning to upgrade same as yours. How was your experience with your Sentra? Enjoy your ride

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    True i think because our gx 1.3 a/t 2011 still run as new with odo at 49k. love this car gasolina lang ang prob. 7-8km/l city, ok na din.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
    i have a Sentra GX '07 with 500,000kms. its still on its original engine and never overhauled.

common problems with the sentra are easy to fix:

1. Front suspension rattle (actually is the front brake caliper pin---needs machining)---cheap easy fix
    2. Hard clutch (goes with time.....as all cars do)---replace pressure plate and clutch lining
    3. Hand Brake cables "sticking"---lube it, or replace with new ones
    at 80k kms, i dont think there would be any other problems for as long as the car was well maintained.
    4. Overheating will never happen as long as both cooling fans are working
    5. Aircon will last forever just make sure you install an a/c filter behind the glove box
    6. The engine doesnt need a tune up, just change the oil and clean or replace the air filters
    7. The rear suspension is unbreakable........it will last the life of the car (except rear shocks).

and believe me, as long as you follow the maintenance schedule...the GX will last you a lifetime of regular use.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I will be using my new Honda Civic next month. To be honest, hindi po ako sanay magdrive or expert magdrive since the last time na, my father bought me a used car Mitsu and I drove it in 1year and 8months pero minsan ko lang po ginagamit until I decided to sell my used car Mitsu and buy a brand new Honda Civic and that would possibly happen by next month. The problem here is, parang bumper to bumper kasi yung road sa edsa, so since na hindi ako sanay magdrive, I preferred to commute a bus or MRT kahit sobrang traffic. Ano ba mas maganda? Will I able to let my mitsu to sell and get a new one or hayaan ko lang tong mitsu na to na nakatambay lang at minsan ko lang gagamitin due to a heavy traffic po?

Nissan Sentra GX 2009