New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga sir, input naman po about sa model na to; Nissan sentra boxtype

=Ok po ba yung ganitong model ng sentra? like nung Engine,underchassiss,aircon,etc.?
    =2 klase po ba engine nun? anu po mas Ok, yung sampaloc engine or yung 1 engine?
    =Hindi po ba mahirap makahanap ng parts nito? both for the engine & body?

Thanks po in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the age alone! that's at least 22 years old! i expect the engine to be in need of more than the usual maintenance and repair. couple this with the relative difficulty of sourcing spare parts..
    the rest of the car? i'm not sure.. while there are those who proclaim that the body (suspension!) is mahina, i have friends who say they did not have problems with their box sentras..
    if you're intent on getting a late 80s car, mebbe you should look for corollas.. they probably have more parts still around..
    i have nothing against old cars. i have a 15 year old car myself. but we have to consider the fact that older cars need more care, and that parts are harder to get the older the car is.. not a very enticing situation for the inexperienced..
    Last edited by dr. d; January 5th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I have my own nissan boxtype. we drove last jan 3 from nova to batangas and theres nothing i can say..the engine is still in good performance but since its only 12v dont expect to much power. but the fuel is less consumption 100% guaranteed.. aircon is superb you just have to tune up your carburator. and also check your suspension.. replace it if needed. you can go to banawe for the parts and accessories. there are lots of nissan parts that you can find.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *dr.d -thanks po for the input.

*dogtag_chaze -thanks din po for the input. May i know po kung anu po engine ng boxtype sentra mo? & what year & model po?

Anu po ok na engine ng ganitong auto? ok po ba yung tinatawag nilang sampaloc engine or yung 1 klaseng engine? Totoo po bang sirain ang engine ng ganitong model ng sentra? Yun kc sabi ng iba. Pero sabi naman ng iba ok daw. & i still see many boxtype sentra running, un iba pormado pa.

Type ko po kc un porma ng boxtype sentra & pasok na pasok sa budget, may matitira pa for future repairs. Yung corolla po kc sa ganung price range, nsa year 82-86 model lang. But with the sentra, nsa 89-91 model na.

Pahabol na din po, If your gonna choose between boxtype sentra & lancer singkit, anu pipiliin nyo?

Thanks po uli. Sorry po sa dami ng question.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart_seph View Post
    *dr.d -thanks po for the input.

*dogtag_chaze -thanks din po for the input. May i know po kung anu po engine ng boxtype sentra mo? & what year & model po?

Anu po ok na engine ng ganitong auto? ok po ba yung tinatawag nilang sampaloc engine or yung 1 klaseng engine? Totoo po bang sirain ang engine ng ganitong model ng sentra? Yun kc sabi ng iba. Pero sabi naman ng iba ok daw. & i still see many boxtype sentra running, un iba pormado pa.

Type ko po kc un porma ng boxtype sentra & pasok na pasok sa budget, may matitira pa for future repairs. Yung corolla po kc sa ganung price range, nsa year 82-86 model lang. But with the sentra, nsa 89-91 model na.

Pahabol na din po, If your gonna choose between boxtype sentra & lancer singkit, anu pipiliin nyo?

Thanks po uli. Sorry po sa dami ng question.

1990 sgx nissan ... i dont know ecxactly what type of engine... its actually a stock engine...all of the cars are the same. its just the price, quality if your going to buy. if you happen to get a great one thats perfect but if not...malas lang..he he he. lancer and nissan, choose the latest model. corolla its also great...nissan series 2 will also fit on your budget...mas maganda pormahan..the same with small body corolla's but much higher value...do you have a car already???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Series II ( 1993-1996 B13) will be a better option over the boxtype overall. Better power, better engine, better rustproofing and pangilalim. Price won't be much different from a B12 and you'll just be putting the same amount of effort more or less to keep it maintained.

- - - Updated - - -

The Series II ( 1993-1996 B13) will be a better option over the boxtype overall. Better power, better engine, better rustproofing and pangilalim. Price won't be much different from a B12 and you'll just be putting the same amount of effort more or less to keep it maintained.

Nissan sentra boxtype