New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I am planning to sell my Nissan Sentra 1994 JX (2nd owner na po ako). Most of the parts have been replaced.
    Newly re-painted po siya. The engine is still in good condition. Wala pong tunog whatsoever.

I was thinking I can still sell this for 100k or more. Naisipan ko rin po i trade-in pero parang ang baba po ng value nila (around 60k). Satisfied ako sa performance ng Nissan JX ko kaya parang nababaan ako sa 60k.

May advise po ba kayo kung I'm better off selling or trade in na lang?

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand Nissan 2008-2010 model or Hyundai Accent brand new.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Selling it would be better for you because you can get a high price for it.

BUT if you want to save yourself all the hassle of trying to find a buyer, etc... just consider the lower trade-in value as the casa's fee for buying your old car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanks ghosthunter.

After careful thought, we decided we value the car too much to sell it at a "giveaway" price.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tudor View Post
    Thanks ghosthunter.

After careful thought, we decided we value the car too much to sell it at a "giveaway" price.
    If you're buying a new car, the money you'll get from selling the Sentra isn't much really (100k) so you may even want to consider keeping it as an extra car if you have the funds, space and use for it.

We have a 1993 Nissan Sentra 1.4 JX as well. We're the first owner (18 years and running strong), the car still has its original paint (albeit now with some small dents/scratches due to idiot motorcyclists), is very reliable and easy to maintain. We were contemplating on selling it before but decided to just keep it as an extra car since maintenance is not much, it has a respectable FC as long as we keep the carb tuned, and its something you can drive around without attracting any trouble or worrying about anything much really. The convenience of keeping it is still worth more than selling it off at a low price.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanks vinj. Yes, I agree with you. Besides, baka at 50k i-cannibalize lang nila. We'd really feel bad.

Nissan Sentra 1994 JX: Sell or Trade-in