New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *Dennis Powell
    Check with www.clubfrontier.org or http://www.purenissan.com/tire_chart.htm
    Just check the forum as too how big you can go with the tires.

You should be able to fit 31's with some trimming around the wheel well and maybe some shaping of the plastic using a heat gun or blow dryer.

If you decide to do the torsion bar crank don't crank it too much, and make sure you get heavy duty torsion bars as I have seen them snap. Also get a steering system upgrade as the torsion bar crank places stress in you steering system.

One other thing if you want bigger tires get the body lift because it will allow your tires a bit more clearance to stuff in your wheel well when your suspension flex. But the best thing would be to get both suspension and body lift along with biger tires.

*ZHAK
    I don't have bumpers yet but when I do get it it won't be TJM or ARB since they don't make it for the 2nd gen Xterra. I'd get this though when funds become available.
    http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Xt...-pr-16153.html

I'll also get the heavy duty skids and rock sliders. Still undecided for what lift I will get as there is some issues coming up with all the lifts available for now. So for now the only mods I have are 32" BFG AT ko tires(which increased my ground clearance to 9.5"), factory skids, removed rear anti-roll bars, some leather seat covers, and a dash kit.
    Last edited by redorange; May 27th, 2007 at 12:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    zhak and redorange, thanks sa mga reply nyo,it helps me a lot, i wish i could start improving my truck right away but im busy and besides i dont have the lift kits yet.i think maybe month of august, i just wonder kung fit ba ang US lift kits (calmini) for pinas frontier baka sa US na lang ako bibili kung sakaling fit.interesado ako dun sa 3-4" (calmini)suspension lift kits,yung nasa internet picture na binigay ni redorange (thanks pala redorange).

anyway hanggang dun lang ang gusto kong height baka mahirapan si misis sa pag-akyat,

thanks sa inyong lahat and more power to you guys.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Calmini kit should fit since the 1st gen Frontier/Navara for international markets and the US version are the same, except for the diesel engines which you guys got. Also check the other sites like www.4x4parts.com and check the Frontier forums so you can find what works and what doesn't. Just a word of warning if you're going to order from Calmini it takes them sometime to get the kits out after you order but they do send it out. I just don't want you to order and get frustrated because it doesn't arrive quickly. Most of the companies making Nissan stuff are small companies compared to the Jeep aftermarket so a lot of the things are made to order. Well good luck with the lift, I know about having to wait for money to buy things, 4x4=$x$.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    redorange: Bro tnx for the links..it really helps me a lot..I'm planning to make my own bumper that why i'm asking for the plate thickness.. and thanks also to the tire size....By the way ..if I make my part successfully i'm planning to sell it too..right now I've just finish my idling arm brace, and revolvers is under process..Next week my truck is going to be 4" bodylift,still my own fabrications...my truck is just 2wd but making it exceed its limitations...luv this truck..

dennis powell: Bro just a little advice..for me trail master has a better performance esp. on your 4x4...calmini is just offering a UCA upgrade..the difference is just a little bit longer from the stock UCA..trail master is offer a relocation suspension....meron available bro sa jeffs offroad..pero mahal masyado..( thats why I made my own suspension Lift kits) hehehehehehhe..Mahal masyado bro ehh..tnx god bless

pls. check this link bro.. www.trailmastersuspension.com/

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Too bad Trailmaster only makes the suspension kits for the D21 platform and not the 1st gen Frontier D22 platform. Between the three of us we have all three platforms covered. Your Power Eagle/Hardbody is the D21, Dennis Powell has the D22, and I have the D40/F Alpha. I wish they would consider giving us the diesel over here so I can get some Banks Power stuff to tune it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    A couple more pics and vids onthis site.

http://homepage.mac.com/nissanclay/Personal14.html

I'm still trying to find pics of the truck that belongs to Pinoy out in Chicago I think. He has a built rig already of the 1st gen Xterra. There are alot more members that are also Pinoy like airbutchie, far west x, warlock, gmaxis, and other who I can't recall now.

Anyways here's more pics.

Pinoy and his red X.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    redorange: Gee thanks for the info bro...Are you a filipino too?... do you want diesel engine bro? I really want to own a xterra...If I got enough money , i'm really looking forward to own one..hehehehe...i think japan got some..but i'm still keeping my truck..i'm not quiet satify on my 2500 engine i'm planning to swap it to TD27-turbo...tnx bro..

I'm proud of those filipino guys on to nissan trucks and SUVs...Keep rockin on guys!!!:chopper:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    redorange: thank you sa binigay mong links,ang galing,very helpfull.anyway to tell you the truth,matagal na akong gustong magakroon ng nissan pick up and finally i got one "00 nissan frontier",di ko pa masyado alam ang engine specs nya kasi after a week that i bought the truck we flew back here in the us and besides the price is very cheap P280k lang,kailangan ng pera ng may ari (which is our neighbor) kaya enteresado akong ilift up yun,and im thankfull that you and zhak are here to answer my questions,kaya salamat talaga.

=pwedeng pakipost nyo kung meron kayong picture ng frontier or kahit eagle na 3-4" body lifted w/ 31x10.5 tires.pls.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *Dennis: Are you still in the US? Where are you at?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    *Dennis: Are you still in the US? Where are you at?
    yes im still here ,just came back from the phils. with my wife and were here in san diego.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
NISSAN Pick-ups and SUVs lover