New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Patrol 2000-up models, gas type. Recently, I was experiencing steering wheel vibrations at 90 kph. Sometimes its there, sometimes not. I also noticed that vibrations are sometimes road related. If road is smooth, like the NLEX and SLEX, I can feel it. Syempre if its kinda rough, like old tar roads, I do not feel kase nga it is vibrating already because of the road condition. I would describe the vibration as like a lateral movement of the something underneath. Nissan casa, Pasong Tamo extension was at a loss, too. So far, I have done the following:

1. changed the pan hard assembly. the bushings were worn out. the change greatly minimized the vibration

2. balanced the wheel, 3x, twice with servitek, different branches and both resulted in two different readings (now I was thinking that the wheel balancing machine is not calibrated), and once with another independent tire company. wheel is 3 months old and has an even tire wear.

3. wheel alignment, servitek din, yung casa, hindi na narenew yung contract ng subcontractor nila.

4. changed tie rods. If I am not mistaken, the Patrol has 4 tie rods at the front. I had the tie rods closest to the wheels changed

5. the casa has checked the ff: and said its ok: the steering damper, the power steering bushings

Questions:

1. what else do i need to check to pinpoint the problem

2. would an improper front wheel greasing -opening the hub and sealing it, result in the vibrations

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check for BUKOL sa tires. this gave me bad wiggles in 70-80kph

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bukol at oblong na gulong malaking factor..

plus, ung allignment din. pag di kinaya.. palitan mo na lang.

kung masyado mahal magpalit ng bagong mags at goma..

rotation na lang muna.

naexperience ko na rin yan.. 30,000 kms pa lang ata ung auto ko.

sobrang lakas ng vibrations sa steering wheel ko.. sa NLEX pa un ha.

nissan patrol vibrations