New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend of my mine is itching to get the current Nissan Patrol 2010 from the nearest Nissan Dealer showroom. Pero I mentioned that the new body Patrol (Patrol Royale? if ito talaga papalit) will be coming up soon. Sabi nya sigurado mas cheaper old model kaysa new. Is it wise to still get the Nissan Patrol Super Safari 2010 or just wait for the new Patrol Royale? Your opinions are very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by roydok; October 17th, 2010 at 01:12 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Boss, matagal tagal ng lumabas ang Patrol Royale. P 5.3+M if I remember correctly, so doble ng Super Safari. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdmonochrome View Post
    Boss, matagal tagal ng lumabas ang Patrol Royale. P 5.3+M if I remember correctly, so doble ng Super Safari. :D
    Ah ganoon ba? Lumabas na pala. So its more expensive... Is it wise to still buy the old Nissan Patrol Super Safari 2010 kahit lumabas na Patrol Royale?
    Last edited by roydok; October 17th, 2010 at 01:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Well, if budget permits, Royale na. I believe it's miles better, lalo na sa creature comforts. At this price point though pasok narin ang LC, mapa local/grey, so baka gusto rin niya itong iconsider.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    There's already a royale thread and because of it's exorbitant price the topic shifted to feeding the poor instead.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if i could buy it and have the funding to run it, patrol royale or the landcruiser bilhin ko.

pag dumami yung royale sa daan the current patrol will look like the "poorer" man's patrol, hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    There's already a royale thread and because of it's exorbitant price the topic shifted to feeding the poor instead.
    haha natawa ako dito. ang layo nga ng inabot ng topic na yun.

anyway, as regards to this topic, doble nga ang price difference ng 'all-new' sa previous model na patrol. wierd nga e. parang nangyari is different model altogether ang patrol royale and the super safari.

whether sulit pa ang super safari? for the capabilities, size, features, reliability, performance, prestige and strength that goes with its price, i'd say sulit naman especially if you're the person who goes for a more rugged look as compared to other models in its price range.

malaking drawback din lang talaga yung age ng body style niya. it's been around for almost 10 years na. but hey, if it still works, then why not? personally gustong gusto ko yung super safari. parang pwede mong ilaban sa giyera na di ka matatakot magasgasan at malaspag. :D

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    haha natawa ako dito. ang layo nga ng inabot ng topic na yun.

anyway, as regards to this topic, doble nga ang price difference ng 'all-new' sa previous model na patrol. wierd nga e. parang nangyari is different model altogether ang patrol royale and the super safari.

whether sulit pa ang super safari? for the capabilities, size, features, reliability, performance, prestige and strength that goes with its price, i'd say sulit naman especially if you're the person who goes for a more rugged look as compared to other models in its price range.

malaking drawback din lang talaga yung age ng body style niya. it's been around for almost 10 years na. but hey, if it still works, then why not? personally gustong gusto ko yung super safari. parang pwede mong ilaban sa giyera na di ka matatakot magasgasan at malaspag. :D
    Funny, when I started that topic I just really wanted to know everyone's take on the Royale vs. the LC. Oh well...

Pero anyways, I think it's brilliant on the part of UMC to still sell the "old" Patrol at half the price and offer it with only the 3.0 Diesel and the Royale with only the V8 Petrol engine at the P5.3M premium price but loaded with Luxo-sedan tech, comfort, and features. Two totally different categories where essentially the same brand can compete.

Points to ponder in deciding on the Royale. For the same money, you could:

1.) Buy 2 Super Safaris. They're old but are pretty reliable, and given the long lifespan, aftersales support/service whether inside or outside the dealership should be strong. They still have a commanding presence on the highways or in Makati - plus the Mrs. would appreciate it that she gets a new car as well.

2.) Buy a Land Cruiser for P4.1M and get Diesel "fuel economy," and spend the P1.2M you would have spent additional on the Royale to kit out your LC however you like. Some people still have that stigma on Nissan locally and some still consider Toyota as the top Jap car company locally despite the numerous issues abroad.

3.) Buy an Expedition EL for P3.3M and get almost the same fuel consumption (read that current-gen Expys have significantly improved their FC), plus you get more cargo space. Get a top-of-the-line Camry, Genesis Coupe, or even a Legacy from the leftover cash for "coding."

4.) Shell out another P1M and get an X5 3.0 Diesel.
    Last edited by corbon44; November 1st, 2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typos

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mas rigid ang porma ng nissan patrol super safari kaysa Royale. para sa akin mas madaling maluma ang royale kaysa super safari

Nissan Patrol Super Safari vs. Patrol Royale