New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I am about to buy a Nissan Patrol Super Safari 4.8 Litre(Gas Variant).Could anyone out there please suggest to me on what modications can be done to improve it's performance.I mean like to make it go faster and have better acceleration.Also,where can I have these modifications done?
    THANKS.

Killer Angel

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hmmmm parang nbasa ko na post mo sa ibang site ah..hehehe...speeeddd-u neeed speed? hehehe...1st let yuor engine breath more more air and exhale fast.. change the airfilter to aftermarket filters,the yuor exhuast go to muffler land and place a headers on it, for faster acceleration get a 6 into 1 for top end or rectahan get a 3 into 2 and 1,, port yuor intake and match port it, for more engine power..next hnap ka ng performance chip to upgrade yuor ecu and alter its parameters, then if its not enuf and yuo have more money to spend,get a supercharger and a Nos system..if still not contented,,yuo might want to experiment with v8's from ford or chevy,yuo can have it fully modified from mild to wild,imagine ur patrol with those big supercharger and hoodscoop feel the rumbling power of the v8 as yuo push the pedal to the metal hehehe..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    hmmmm parang nbasa ko na post mo sa ibang site ah..hehehe...speeeddd-u neeed speed? hehehe...1st let yuor engine breath more more air and exhale fast.. change the airfilter to aftermarket filters,the yuor exhuast go to muffler land and place a headers on it, for faster acceleration get a 6 into 1 for top end or rectahan get a 3 into 2 and 1,, port yuor intake and match port it, for more engine power..next hnap ka ng performance chip to upgrade yuor ecu and alter its parameters, then if its not enuf and yuo have more money to spend,get a supercharger and a Nos system..if still not contented,,yuo might want to experiment with v8's from ford or chevy,yuo can have it fully modified from mild to wild,imagine ur patrol with those big supercharger and hoodscoop feel the rumbling power of the v8 as yuo push the pedal to the metal hehehe..

Where can I get good headers and exhaust system for my Nissan Patrol and how much shall it cost?
    Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    muffler land or premuff ask for pricing nlng

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    why buy LARGE SUV if you need speed... go to motorimage and buy Wrx STI(swak ang price ng patrol mo dito) or if you still want SUV, buy Forester XT or Mistubishi Outlander(may sukli ka pa). all in stock form pero it will satistfy your need for speed...IMHO. peace.
    Last edited by cyrusblutrooper; July 7th, 2007 at 02:40 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What exactly is the purpose of getting a Patrol if you're looking for speed? Yup you can up the power with a chip, intake system and an exhaust system (research and try going to a good fabricator for the exhaust and not just any muffler shop) and if you want more then go turbo. Take note thought these will void your warranty. Try also looking at the Forester and Mitsu Outlander. ;)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNZ-UJIIZf4

ito ang gayahin mo, galing nito

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mufflerland is nice... But double check header design with somebody who knows how.

It's best to set aside a lot of money for the exhaust and do it right the first time around, get a mandrel-bent stainless system with proper pipe sizing. Me? I wasted my time experimenting... if you get crush bends and poor welds, you're looking at only half the horsepower gains of a true mandrel-bent system.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Please remember and consider that the Safari is designed as an off-road vehicle and not made for speed. I would rather suggest that you be content with the Safari as is or get another vehicle known for speed.

Nissan Patrol Super SaFari 4.8 Litre(Gas Variant)Modifications