New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    baka nga mineral based oil yun, hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    the last time i used synthetic motor oil was for my flat roof patrol with a gas fed engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i think it's a nissan thing, medyo mapili daw sa type of oil. if i remember correctly, yung mga cefiro nila, may restrictions din sa oil.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck
    when i had my pajero, mineral lang talaga ako, yung petron all terrain ata yun. ok naman siya and di masyadong mahal.

andy
    afaik, synthetic ang Petron All Terrain.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    anyway, sa casa naman ginawa so they should know what they are doing. they use that/recommend that kind of motor oil for all their patrols on PMS daw. next oil change is after 10K, hindi na 5K
    i don't think mas magaling ang casa kesa sa manufacturer. the warning sticker was put there for a reason. siguradong mas malaki kasi ang profit (and their total sales) ng casa kung synthetic oil ang ilagay nila. besides, kapag nagkaproblem yung engine, charged to the manufacturer naman yan and hindi sila ang gagastos. and kapag out of warranty na, yung owner naman ang gagastos.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    i don't think mas magaling ang casa kesa sa manufacturer. the warning sticker was put there for a reason. siguradong mas malaki kasi ang profit (and their total sales) ng casa kung synthetic oil ang ilagay nila. besides, kapag nagkaproblem yung engine, charged to the manufacturer naman yan and hindi sila ang gagastos. and kapag out of warranty na, yung owner naman ang gagastos.
    boybi -- that is true also. but just in case something happens and i have to go after them, i will not base my cause of action on the vehicle warranty. ang basis ng complaint ko will be their gross negligence and misrepresentation considering that as a duly authorized car dealer and service center, it is incumbent upon them to know which motor oils are for what vehicles. wala naman akong pinirmahan na waiver that i am aware that this motor oil is not for the patrol yet i insisted on having this put in, hehehehe

pero, so far okay pa naman

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but, have you thought about the effect of synthetic oil on your engine? maaaring hindi agad lumabas ang problema, but, what if next PMS mo, nag mineral oil ka, tapos dun nagkaproblem. how can you prove that it was caused by the synthetic oil that was used before/now?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    but, have you thought about the effect of synthetic oil on your engine? maaaring hindi agad lumabas ang problema, but, what if next PMS mo, nag mineral oil ka, tapos dun nagkaproblem. how can you prove that it was caused by the synthetic oil that was used before/now?
    totoo yan. pero i think yung nilagay nila ay mineral oil ata but i will check again to be sure

thanks for the advise bro

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    just talked to my friend at nissan north edsa and the motor oil they put is conoco nissin mineral based oil. this is approved by nissan philippines for all nissan diesel engines. it has the same effect/performance/quality as your synthetic oil daw

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, buti naman hindi synth oil. kinabahan ka ba?
    Signature

Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Nissan Patrol GU/Y61 Thread