New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello!

just wondering what performance mods are available for the '93 safari and 2003 patrol ? i.e. turbo kits. been searching the forums here parang la masyado talk about it. may naka try na ba nito? i have both models kasi...wanted to know anu pwde kalikutin

93 safari - are there turbo kits available for this model? how much kaya abutin with the intercoolers pa and stuff and may significant performance gains ba or porma lang haha? pwede ba saksakin turbo ng starex or GU dito? sorry kung stupid question WHAT IF lang

2003 GU - hows the turbo on this one? enough na ba or kaya ba saksakan ng mas malaking turbo?

may mga after market tubos ba sa banawe? i.e. mga salvaged from busted up vans and suvs

need for speed haha. thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Starex turbo might be too small for an engine that big... it's not quite as simple as sticking it on... the turbo must be able to deliver the right pressure and the right flow for your engine.

Search for dvldoc's posts... his alcohol injection system works, and it's cheap. As for turbos... best to find a surplus turbo and manifold that already fits your engine, to take away the guess work. Otherwise, you can consult tuners here as to what turbo you should get. Places like Speedlab, Autoplus, etcetera... can do it... but they may not be familiar with your particular diesel engine. 199 Off-road House can work on your truck... but mostly suspension-wise.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Here's a gold mine:

Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
    http://patrol4x4.com/forum/
    http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80051

First, clean your MAF. Buy an electrical cleaner from your favorite autostore and spray it. You'll definitely feel the difference. Also clean your throttle body and replace engine oil and air filter.

Intercooler Fan

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Boost Gauges

Safari Dtronic

Snorkel

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Stock Dump Pipe

2.75" Beaudesert dump pipe

also try the alcohol-injection mod.. adds 10-15 hp yata.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    niky - thanks for the turbo info! not as easy as strapping it on pala damn. will try to find surplus turbo for the engine.

alcohol injection- looks scary hahaha baka sumabog yung patrol

kipler - MAF sensor cleaning check! whats with the pictures? i know mods mga to but can u explain what they are? sorry n00b here

stock dump pipe? whats this for? is this cleaning or a new one?

how much is the dtronic thingy? what does it do?

intercooler fan - are u suggesting i buy one? my model doesnt have one. how much? where can i source one? what will this do? significant gains?

THANKS TALAGA for all the info! really appreciate it

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir fibzzz,

try visiting the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum

here's the link:

CLICK ON IT - http://patrol4x4.com/forum/

then look for the search button and enter the mod's name I put up for you.

Hope that helps!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks kiper! got alot of info from that site although the search button doesnt work hassle sbra.

champion yung link! WOW Mods galore very organized pa. it contains the top mods and detailed steps with pictures on how to do it ( intercooler fan, block egr, oil catch can, and maintenance guides ) ok sobra ! dami info parng patrol bible. 8mb total size

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=12

kiper - magkanu kaya pagawa ng dump pipe dito? papa fabricate pa yan diba
    also after doing most of these mods the tubro needs to be tuned in order to safeguard from overboost daw. where can i do this without having to buy a boost guage pa?

have you done these mods na yourself?

really learned alot here thanks!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I haven't done any mods with our patrol.. its my dads.

Maybe in a year or two.. I'll install turbo gauge and intercooler fan.

If you're interested in modifying the dump pipe, I suggest you install gauges first.

For fabrication, try calling SMT at (02)896-9243.

They do turbo and pipes.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ok thanks for the help! gonna do the intercooler fan na. found aux fans in banawe for 500 bucks lang . will give smt a call

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Patrol GQ93/GU 03 performance MODS ?