New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Guys, I test drove a Murano Z51 this morning at Nissan Mantrade and fell in love with immediately. But while my initial budget for a new SUV was 1.8M only, this adorable SUV is worth a million more (down from 3.1M to 2.850M because, according to the dealer, of JPEPA - although my take on this is that they cannot sell it side-by-side with a Mazda CX9 which is priced at 2.850M also).

What issues are there, if any, against the Murano? I initially was choosing between an Everest 3.0 and a Forester 2.5XT, because I like the look and body size of the Everest, but I like the power of the Forester XT. Now, with the Murano, everything has been turned upside down.

The Murano price tag is definitely a deterrent. Ipipikit ko ang mata ko nito.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Downsides?

It's smaller than the CX9.

It's less powerful than the CX9.

It doesn't handle as well as the CX9.

It doesn't have the same interior quality as the CX9.

It doesn't have the same level of bling as the CX9. (20" mags for the win)

Upside?

It looks exotic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    CX-9 FTW!

Plus, lower re-sale value for the Murano (since it's a Nissan).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its not like Mazda's (Ford) have great resale values too... And since both are gas guzzlers expect huge drops in resale...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Kung gusto mo nang sporty ang dating eh mag Murano ka pero kung gusto mo ng mas malaking SUV eh di mag Mazda CX-9 ka..

IMHO mag Pajero BK ka nalang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Implemented na ba JPEPA ngayon? Good news yan sa mga new jap cars. You can read the reviews of Murano in the US. So far it's one of the best mid size SUV in the market. caranddriver.com has some comparison with other SUVs so that might help. Pero sobrang takaw lng nga sa fuel so don't drive it in super heavy traffic.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Here's the link of the review: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests

What I don't get is why CX7 is being compared here. Even if it's a crossover, the size is small compared to the others.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks, "Sachiel". Will look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Here's the link of the review: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests

What I don't get is why CX7 is being compared here. Even if it's a crossover, the size is small compared to the others.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post

That's the price range it competes in and what it competes against there. The Murano competes in that class over in the US. It costs so much here because of import tax... which places it one class higher locally, competing against much bigger cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    agree with this. among the two i vote for the murano. i trust nissan more than mazda/ford.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Its not like Mazda's (Ford) have great resale values too... And since both are gas guzzlers expect huge drops in resale...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Nissan Murano Z51