New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi,
    Last weekend I saw at SM Sta. Rosa (Laguna) this car on display. It was a Nissan Micra, 4 door AT, 1.0 liter engine. The amazing thing is the price, the sticker on the windshield say it is P 170,000 only! Does anyone here already have any experience with the car or detailed specs? Searched Tsikot and Google and can't find anything specific for the Philippines.

I also saw a Suzuki Minivan for the same price of P 170,000.

These are good prospects for those looking for small, low fuel consumption vehicles. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sorry, in the excitement I made a mistake with the name, it was labelled Nissan March and not the Micra.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    does it look like this?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The headlights are different, the ones I saw are just plain rounded. The body may be similar, the curves look the same.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Bro, where in sta rosa you saw this? I'm looking for small A/T car for my wife. Maybe ito na yung hinahanap ko... I Initially leaning on the cherry QQ but still not so convince! Hindi kaya yung price sa dash eh, Initial downpayment lang?
    TIA..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's the Nissan March/Micra... same thing.

It's not a brand new unit. Those are refurbished units being sold by a secondhand dealer. (Like what Norkis does with the March/Micra, only at a cheaper price). I should know, they refurbish those things at a garage behind my house.

If it comes with a warranty, and if they've refurbished the engine to good condition (in other words, it should purr like a kitten when they start it), it should be okay, but otherwise, you might be better off buying a secondhand Micra and doing the repairs yourself.

I don't like their colors... metallic green (darker than "Goblin green") and purple... but the cars are interesting.
    Last edited by niky; August 22nd, 2007 at 02:14 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003

is this the suzuki minivan you were referring to? i think it's a great city car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Wagon_R

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I saw it in SM Sta. Rosa last weekend, it was an exhibit held by an entity called "Hilton Motors". I think Niky may be right, didn't bother to ask details such as the warranty though. The car itself and the price just got me curiIous...

The one in the UK site is not the same, looks like it's the latest model. The one in the exhibit maybe an older model.

That's not the minivan I saw, the one in the exhibit is the same as Super Carry.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Last edited by uwak18; August 23rd, 2007 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Nissan Micra and Suzuki Minivan