New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    can anyone give some comment on a nissan lec ps? i own a corolla xl '91 and planning to replace it with a used nissan lec ps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The fuel mileage of this is lower then that of the Corolla 1300 but it has more power and torque due to the 16 valve twin cam set-up. Parts and service will be at par with the Toyota.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    LEC PS is a very reliable car. My Aunty's car from 1997 to 2001. Engine is very reliable cause its Timing Chain, very cool a/c, parts are affordable specially the filters (fuel, oil and air) and also parts are available in surplus.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just make sure it's in good condition. A lot of LEC PSs are former taxis, and those may have had suspension and body damage. Check the engine carefully, too, as your average taxi driver / operator isn't as kind to the engine (idling for hours at a time, driving with gusto, overshooting maintenance skeds) as your average owner. Not to say that there aren't conscentious taxi drivers out there... and there are owners who forget maintenance, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very reliable car. Very easy to maintain. Strong aircon. Daming parts.

As niky said, make sure di ex-taxi at medyo alaga ng former owner.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    it is a 1999 model but 2000 aquired car. it has 150t km on its clock, but casa maintained. as i've tested it, it rides like new and the engine is very quite. the body still has its original shiny paint with no dents. all are stock except for the mag wheels. the only thing that caugth my eyes, was the leek on the hose of the powersteering. but i guess that would'nt be a major problem.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As long as it's gotten maintained properly then there's no problem. I have friends with over 200K and even 300K on their Sentras and still the engines are running okay. What's important is the previous owner changed the oil every 5,000kms and followed the maintenance schedule.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    thank for your replys. all of you helped a lot. i guess sentra's are not that bad as i use to hear from others.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    As long as it's gotten maintained properly then there's no problem. I have friends with over 200K and even 300K on their Sentras and still the engines are running okay. What's important is the previous owner changed the oil every 5,000kms and followed the maintenance schedule.

yup. sentra.. great car! great performance. low maintenance cost. i can attest to that!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LEC's are pretty bare. But they do have rear seatbelts (Corollas didn't) and a good climate control system.

Non-PS LEC's didn't have a remote release for the trunk and fuel door. Not sure about the PS model.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
nissan lec ps comments