New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice engine, I must say...but my 1.6 GA16DE is shot. Makes a ringing sound when I gun it. Any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    Sir, if it's 1.6 GA16DE that's a supersaloon.. that engine is a li'l devil it's known to be a one of those "sleeper" among tuners. It's quick!
    It's not really that "quick". It is quick for a 1.6L engine with the proper mods but you end up with an engine that consumes gasoline as fast as the 2.0L SR20DE. In the end, my experience told me it would be cheaper (overall) to have upgraded the GA16DE engine with a factory stock SR20DE. You will spend less money, more horsepower, better fuel economy and better engine reliability as well.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 21st, 2007 at 10:25 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by noynoy View Post
    Anyone here has Nissan LEC 1.6E 1992 model how much is the gas consumption ? tnx coz im planning to buy Nissan
    The Sentra LEC with the 1.3L carb engine came out around 1995. Chances are you are looking at a Nissan Sentra 1.6L ECCS Super Saloon.

It comes with power steering, electric adjust side mirrors and power windows as standard.

Fuel consumption with a manual transmission should be around 6 to 8km/L for typical city driving, depending on how bad traffic is in your area.

And also is the price okay 110k
    - 15' rim
    - Pioneer stereo
    - tinted
    - strong A/C
    - MT
    - Orig Paint
    - First own
    - All original
    - New tires (front)
    - registered (2007)
    - heater ( para sa fog )
    - Lady driven
    I won't really hold much value to the "lady driven" part since lady driven can also mean it wasn't maintained that closely and repairs was only done when something obvious broke down.

Since it is a very old car, you might want to ask for the car's mileage, major parts that was replace since the car was new (including A/C switches, compressor, suspension stuff, alternator, power steering components/hose).

I used to own/drive a Sentra B13 so I kinda have personal knowledge of the parts you would need to replace sooner than later.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this little fact blew me away: timing chain na pala ung makina ng LEC?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    this little fact blew me away: timing chain na pala ung makina ng LEC?
    yup... the timing chain means you almost never need to replace it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    yup... the timing chain means you almost never need to replace it.
    As long as the owner changed the oil regularly. ;) Our 1993 B13 reached almost 150,000kms when we sold it and it never needed a new chain or tensioners.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by noynoy View Post
    Anyone here has Nissan LEC 1.6E 1992 model how much is the gas consumption ? tnx coz im planning to buy Nissan

- Lady driven

I suggest you check out the lady first.

Tell the seller

"I demand to see the lady!"
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; August 22nd, 2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: type O negativ

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The Car is good tinest ko cya.. wala akong marinig na ingay ng makina and yet lakas humatak

pag naka full stop parang nakapatay ung makina wala akong marinig
    wala pang ingay sa loob except for the break sa harap na medyo lumangitngit pudpod na ata

Underchasis is good also

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The LEC is 16 valves but with a 1.3 liter displacement. Maybe that's why the thread starter thought it was 1.6. The LEC has a rear door decal proclaiming it to be "TWIN CAM 16V".

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The LEC is 16 valves but with a 1.3 liter displacement. Maybe that's why the thread starter thought it was 1.6. The LEC has a rear door decal proclaiming it to be "TWIN CAM 16V".
    could be. lets wait for his reply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan LEC - Need help and advice