New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    if this would be exported and sold to the philippines, brace up a 24-hours bumper-to-bumper traffic!

Nissan hopes to launch $2,500 car in India in 2010
    Agence France-Presse
    Last updated 05:39pm (Mla time) 10/24/2007

CHIBA, Japan -- Nissan and Renault hope to start selling a car for about $2,500 in India in around 2010 along with their local partner there, chief executive Carlos Ghosn said Wednesday.

"We have already practically decided all the attributes of the car," Ghosn told reporters at the Tokyo Motor Show.

"We have the full intention to do it -- if it's feasible. Hopefully this is going to be 2010 in India," he said.

Ghosn, who heads both Japan's Nissan Motor Co. and its French partner Renault, said he would visit Indian partner Bajaj Auto next week for talks on the car.

He said that it appeared possible to make a $2,500-car for India, but the big question was whether it could be exported to other markets such as Europe, China, Brazil, Mexico or even the United States.
    "But the first step is to make it for India and to make it competitive," he added.

The car will be mostly produced by Indian partner Bajaj with the support of the Nissan-Renault alliance, Ghosn added.

The world's automakers are increasingly setting their sights on India, which is one of the world's fastest growing automobile markets.

Indian automaker Tata Motors plans to introduce its own $3,000-car in its home market next year.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Well I dont think they would export the car because it would only increase the price. Most likely if they were to introduce it to the market here they would assemble it locally - makes more financial sense to do so on a cheap car.

http://www.nissanforumsph.com

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    woow... that's what countries like us needs.. very nice concept, hope they'll execute it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sana nga ma import din iyan sa atin o dito mismo i-assemble.. :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hmm. magkano naman kaya ang dollar sa 2010.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Indian made car...hmmm. Baka parang Suzuki Alto yan.

Kung parang Alto, at P120T....bibili ka ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at that rate, if it is sold in the Philippines, the price will double up to at most 300k pesos, because of the tariffs and taxes.

so i see it within the level of the zuk alto, the kia pride or the hyundai getz.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Nissan will produce it locally
    Last edited by Masterplan96; October 25th, 2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: saved twice

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    That's why Nissan will produce it locally - to keep it cheap.

Besides why buy a car like that for 120K when by 2010 the current generation XTrails will be around 200-300K nalang? Also by 2010 the 2000 model Cefiro Elite will be 150K or less?

I wouldnt buy a brand new car unless its a sportscar or expensive luxury car. Because for the price of a new Sentra, Vios, Lancer, Civic, Altis, Corolla, City or Jazz, I'd rather spend the money on a second hand vehicle that is half the price, bigger than those cars and I can use th extra money to buy new wheels, give it a paintjob to the color I want, install better audio and put in leather seats.

How much is a Sentra/City/Vios? ~ 600K - 700K
    How much is a second hand nothing to fix Cefiro 1997-2000 model? ~ 250K-400K

Bigger, better, roomier and you've got extra money to upgrade it pa.

Oh and the engine used in the Cefiro is the VQ series which means its not only powerful and is rev-happy, its also been awarded 11 years in a row for fuel efficiency. And the Mazda 3 and Civic come with 2Liter engines just like the Cefiro - so dont tell me that the Cefiro has a bigger engine and therefore consumes more fuel and thats why you'd buy a brand new smaller car.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i dont think na kakayanin dito sa Pinas at that price (120k) sa dami ng taxes na ipapataw dyan yari na yan. Have you tried to look for a car worth P120,000 lately? tried looking for one at that price and mostly mga bulok ang mabibili mo at that price, ika nga nila you get what you pay for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan hopes to launch ,500 car (Php120k) !!!