New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Now I understand when auto critics said that the "Godzilla" GT-R has this Transformer like aura not only when you look at it but more importantly when you drive it.

In this years Tokyo Toy Show, TakaraTomy highlighted this new autobot figure known as Convoy in Japan equivalent of Optimus Prime in U.S. (and to us ofcourse). It is known that Prime had always used large trailer truck as its vehicle form. But this time around its different, TakaraTomy decided to use the "The Supercar To Beat" hide that is the Nissan GT-R (maybe Optimus Prime just wants to be damn fast!).

Rumors say this will be made available this Nov. 2008
    available in silver and red. It is also said that unlike other transformers toys w/c are usually plastic, this is made of metal, an autobot diecast collectible car basically. There are two colors of the car because the silver was used to represent a real Nissan GT-R special color (ultimate metal silver) and the color red (vibrant red for the actual GT-R shade) was chosen specifically because it is... well, Optimus Prime. Actually, online orders are currently proliferating as we speak.

Taken from 2008 Tokyo Toy Show

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    WOW! I want one! at least I can get myself a GT-R (kahit diecast lang)... Optimus Prime pa! Finally, Optimus Prime in a supercar body!!! It's a perfect match coz both are Japanese made, Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots, and the GT-R is the also the leader in Japanese car performance.

What's the scale of the figure by the way?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin2 View Post
    Actually, online orders are currently proliferating as we speak.
    How much for one?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^based don sa pic na nakalagay, mga 4725 Yen or approx. 2K petot.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea_318 View Post
    What's the scale of the figure by the way?
    1/32 scale

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It is also said that unlike other transformers toys w/c are usually plastic, this is made of metal, an autobot diecast collectible [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR] basically
    This isn't the first time the Transformers have been rendered in metal glory.

If you remember the Binaltech series from 2004 onwards, those were made of metal (vehicle exterior) and plastic too. When the Binaltechs were resold in the US as the "Alternators" series they lost the metal parts.

But this is good news for TF collectors...unfortunately I don't see the point in calling him "Convoy" in Japan any more as he's no longer a truck.

Then again, stranger "Convoys" have appeared...remember the Convoy/Megatron NIKE FREE 7.0 1/2 scale toys?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    cool! will this collectible GT-R/Prime reach Phil. shores? Maybe on specialty toy shop I guess. Nice concept by takaratomy putting Optimus on the best Japanese supercar made. I wish it would be atleast 1:24.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dear Lord... I want one!!!

If it's anywhere near as pretty as the picture, I'm making my order now!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    group buy? hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sali ako sa group buy!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nissan GT-R new Optimus Prime!