New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'm a newbie here and planning to buy a nissan exalta 2003 model na automatic.. Pano ko malalaman if ok yung unit na kukunin ko? Bago pa lang din ako sa driving kaya gusto ko automatic para d ako mahirapan.. Please help me.. Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I owned a brand new Sentra Exalta Grandeur Model for almost 12 years. It's a very nice ride, a mini cefiro. Good points, it has a comfortable ride and equipment. Air conditioning is climate controlled (digital) and should e very cold as Nissan is known for. We owned 3 sentras, 2 corollas, corona, civic, foresters, Nissans have very cold A/C units hands up. Bring a VCD along, and ask the owner to load the VCD in the vcd changer, it should automatically raise the screen and let you watch the movie without good picture and sound. But honestly like any mechanical device it might be the unit will be old and not in running condition which is fine and natural. Check carpet if they are still in good color to the original and leather seats if they are maintained or cleaned at least you will notice the wear if it's scuffed too much. I am heavy person and for some reason I do not see any heavy scuffing over the years. Rear blinds should be working seamlessly. Power windows, side mirrors, interior trim should be clean even the doors trim, if there is no sign of wear you have a unit which is routinely cleaned and taken cared of. interior lights and exterior lights, guage lights if all are working properly, no check engine lights, gear selector lights. headlight, hi and lo, fog lights are working. Brake lights, third brake lamp, reverse ligts, rear back sensor should beep and also the rear view mirror should give you lit up indicators as someone to cover the rear sensors when in revers so you would know they are working. wipers from intermittent, lo and hi, window washer should be spraying properly. Shocks, you will notice if the rear is lowered or a side is lowered then you have a busted shock. Engine bay should be preferably clean, if not check for any oil leaks, brake fluid leaks, coolant leaks, radiator leaks, check the dip stick if there is oil and ask when it was changed. In the end, please do not expect the best as it is second hand. major things you want to look at is any engine problems and aircon. if these two are okay then you are good. The unis has ABS and EBD, they are known to have strong and grabby brakes - I would say very sensitive. You will enjoy the unit on long drives, relaxing and comfortable. Do not expect it to be a racer car coz it isn't built that way. I recommend putting Vkool V40 clear tint, the best and only accessory you need in this car on a daily drive. It would be up to you if you want to upgrade speakers and underseat subwoofers like I did in mine. Maintenance, your weekly carwash, monlthy to quarterly wax are needed. Yearly change oil, I suggest synthetic it might cost higher but is more fuel efficient and less engine strain, filters, sparkplugs yearly. Get your engine cleaned every year or bi annual.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkledot View Post
    I'm a newbie here and planning to buy a nissan exalta 2003 model na automatic.. Pano ko malalaman if ok yung unit na kukunin ko? Bago pa lang din ako sa driving kaya gusto ko automatic para d ako mahirapan.. Please help me.. Thanks..
    sana ok pa magtanong about this.

good day, newbie po magtatanong lang, ok pa ba bumili ng 2nd hand na 2004 exalta gs * 173k (negotiable), first time car buyer lang at hindi kalakihan budget.

Is nissan exalta grandeur a/t 2003 model ok? I'm planning to buy one.