New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzovalenton View Post
    here again. .

Have not yet started on the elgrand project sobra busy sa work.

Will be starting tomorrow since holiday, hoping the info doc supplied will fix the problem . the filter also looks good will try to put it on my list of future upgrades.

Just want to ask if anyone have tried replacing their steering assembly (not happy with my elgrands conversion), any suggestion on what alternative car model/brand to use
    Local Hi-ace rack will work. Also the Nissan URVAN should work. Also if you can find one from a surplu Terreno that would also work or a Pathfinder.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    DIY LED light replacement for the Aircon control. This seems to be a problem for the ones getting up there in age and a 10 year old vehicle the bulbs tends to go out.

To remove the center section pry using something hard and flat like a plastic puddy knife. (do not use a screw driver) Remove the screws holding it on, undo the clips. the remove the 5 bulbs by twisting them with a flat head screw driver.

The bulbs are know as NEOWEDGE or TWIST LOCK bulbs. The size is T5. The other small interior lights like the push buttons are T3's
    I ordered blue LED's ones match the stock look.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    More parts stuff

Glow plugs same as TD27 engine
    NGK 5486 AND NGK 4937 AND NGK 6140
    NGK #Y-707RS. Denso #DG120.

Injectors same as TD27 engine
    Bosch 0434250109 and 0434250134

Water pump same as TD27 engine

Starter same as TD27 engine
    NISSAN TERRANO II (1993 - 2002)
    NISSAN URVAN (1987 - 1997)

Nissan #23300-10T02. Hitachi #S13-107A (2.5kW, 12V 9T CW

Altenator same as
    NISSAN TERRANO II (1993 - 2002) ALTENATOR Quinton Hazell FRA839

Mass air flow sensor

# Nissan Part # 22680-5J000
    # Hitachi Part # HF70-16

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    My mistake, turns out the bulb is actually a T4 Neowedge not a T5. For the aircon control.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks DVLDoc,
    Please help me with the part number for my 2000 Elgrand with Neo di engine. I have it checked and the mech recommended the replacement of the following: Tie rod, ball socket, steering clamp and steering clamp bushing but they dont know the part numbers. also the light on my aircon controller is dim already.

please help me with the part numbers or equivalents and the adress of suppliers here in metro manila.

I love this Van. I just purchased it last week for 400K. 161,500km na ang odo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good day sir, Well I have put the parts for the suspension for the Elgrand, They are the same as the Nissan Terenno/Pathfinder. But here are some other vehicles that share parts with.

Tie rods are the same as the Serena, All the Elgrands of the Philippines are the E50 models they share all the same suspension of the Terenno/pathfinder.

The 1997-2000 E50 models are the same.

These all share the same front steering and suspension.

INFINITI QX4 (1997 - 2003)
    NISSAN PATHFINDER (1998 - 2004)
    NISSAN PATHFINDER ARMADA 2004
    NISSAN PATHFINDER LE (1996 - 1997)
    NISSAN PATHFINDER SE (1996 - 1997)
    NISSAN PATHFINDER XE (1996 - 1997)
    NISSAN TERRANO I (1992 - 2003)
    NISSAN TERRANO II (1992 - 2006)

I am not sure about the steering clamp bushings and the steering clamp unless you mean the sway bar bushing and the boot for the CV joints.

Lower Ball Joint K90662
    Outer Tie Rod End ES3466
    Inner Tie Rod End EV396

I do not live full time in the Philippines so I do not know where to get these parts. I got all my suspension stuff from the states and sent it there since it was pretty cheap. I am sure any Nissan dealer can look up these parts for you.

I hope this helps out

I almost got one with the 3.0 Neo Diesel but the fuel pumps in those cost 150000P if they go out on you. Make sure you use a good fuel filter and change it ever 10000 kilometers versu 20000K.

Last edited by dvldoc; September 29th, 2010 at 08:12 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thank You Very much bro Dvldoc,

Nasa Guam ka pala? nag-work din ako dyan way back 1992 as an architect. Kami ang gumawa ng LeoPalace Hotel complex sa Mannenggon Hills. Guam is a nice place. Sana matulungan mo rin ako someday pag kailangan umorder ng parts dyan although wag naman sana mangyari. Hapi ako sa performance ng Elgrand. medyo malakas nga lang sa diesel. any tips kung pano patitipirin ang kunsumo? okey ba gumamit ng oil additive like 'pertua', 'motor up' or dura lube? 8-9 km per liter sya sa city drive. long highway drive matipid.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I actually don't speak Tagalog. But to answer your question most engine oil treatments are pure crap and a total rip off. Including the ones you just named.

You want better performance and fuel economy, block the EGR with a blanking plate, Get a bigger exhaust, Put in DIY oil catch can, and get a manual boost controller and tweak your boost about 1 to psi these motors push about 8psi from the factory, they can run 14 on that turbo. If you want some real power gains get the water alcohol injection. (I own a company that does those) But 2psi makes a noticeable difference in these with the other mods.

Replace that monster air box and filter with a conical high flow type. All you need is a MAF sensor adapter for that.

Running a pint of 2 stroke (non synthetic) motorcycle oil makes a nice difference in lubrication and quieting down the engine. This works better than any of those listed additives.

Our 1999 Starex runs much better since adding that ever few tanks of gas. It helps keeps the fuel pump and injectors lubricated. It also has the water injection so it pretty quick for a mechanical diesel engine.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sorry if its been a while since i posted here. just had the steering fixed, did not have to replace anything, just a matter of balancing the rods and tightening some loose ends.

thanks again dvldoc for the tips, perfect timing since i will be replacing the suspension of my van tomorrow. regarding the loud sound as posted previously, luckily it was just the wheel bearings which will also be replaced tomorrow.

i will post an update were i got my parts and costs for reference of other elgrand owners. just wish me luck of finding them .

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good to hear you did not need anything replaced, I went ahead and got new tie rod ends and ball joints for mine just as precaution.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Nissan ELGRAND who has one?