New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Anyone own one? I have been seeing more and more adds for them in the paper. And for around 450,000P they look pretty good especially with that 3.2L turbo diesel, I believe it's 160hp stock.
    Well it's simply the no.1 van in Japan. And did you guys know that the latest ELGrand was the inspiration of the Hyundai's Grand Starex? As if it's not obvious sa name palang eh. haha. You can also notice the wheels of Korean version of the G.Starex also is based on the Rays Nismo wheels for the EL Grand.

As for the LHD conversion issue, it's ok just make sure it's not a cut n' weld process they made. Hey if pinoys can do very good converions on Godizlla GTRs (just take a look at these very powerfull monsters- a-toy's GTR R33 and JV Ejercito's GTR R34)... why not on a van?... nuff said

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Does the Elgrand share any parts with other platforms such as brakes, electronics ect.

150 PS (110.3 kW; 147.9 bhp) * 3600 RPM
    34.0 kg·m (333 N·m; 246 lb·ft) * 2000 RPM

Not to shabby.

And may everyone recover from this terrible storm.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    air filter is different. you would have to change the housing of the filter to make it readily available. Brake pads the same with nissan x-trail, fan belts not sure but was replaced already locally, fuel pump & filter (vic fc-226) the same with nissan urvan. Oil filter i use is a vic-226

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    The one I have is Highway star 3.0 quite good lakas humatak shift okay
    ang problem mahirap mag change oil since converted to lhd may nakaharang na metal part sa oil filter. BTW this Van is better than Alphard
    mas maluwag sya. medyo maingay lang engine ng 3.0 compare mo sa 3.2 or ung latest ngayon na 3.5.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mga Bro baka may alam kayong Mags for Nissan Elgrand
    I need to change mine kasi maliit 15" Kailangan ko 17" or 18"
    at 6 holes. Help naman mga bro. I need 215X55X18 for highway star

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mga bro anong oil filter ang pwedi sa Nisan Elgrand Highway star 3.0 diesel engine? at ATF filter need help mga Bro... Thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    just got one!!!!. . 1998 Caravan V. for less than 160K!!! , so many fixes are still lined-up

Was thinking of selling it right away but just fell in love with it, nice ride, nice interior, very powerful engine, the styling a bit old but hoping some exterior modifications will result in some improvments

Recently had it serviced, oil filter used VIC226 (not so sure have to check again) , air filter element replaced also. purchased the replacements in banawe, there are many nissan part suppliers there (were i go to for my sentra parts), bought mine at Yen. hope this could be of help.

future fixes planned:

1. Aircon controls (console in the dash not working at all, replaced by a switch knob)

2. Transmission not shifting to 3rd and 4th gears (have downloaded some manuals from nissanhelp.com, which you guys might want to check out, seems to be a problem with sensors)

3. Steering assembly to be replaced totally (turns like a big truck im sure those who have elgrands understands)

4. Repaint (although the paint job is still ok, just want to change the color to black)

5. Interior (upholstery - searching for nice leather interiors)

And that's it. . hoping not to spend above 150K. Have only spent less than 5K and its been handling pretty well so far, been using it from home (qc) to work (ortigas) for the past week, no problems, shifting to high gears no problem due to heavy traffic

For those who have gone trough these fixes hope you could share some insights, where to buy parts, mechanics / electricians , anything applicable.

If i do get some free time ill try to post updates on my "Elgrand Project". with before and after pics so as to get others involved also. Also tried joining UK elgrand forums, still awaiting confirmation (mukang serious talaga sila sa el grand, di basta basta makasali) Ill update also the status (sana makasali dami nila na siguro resources dun).

. .

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Well the old Devil picked on up not to long ago to. Here's some good Elgrand parts info. They share the same frame as the 1997 to 2000 Nissan Pathfinder all suspension parts are the same. New ball joints are a must if over 100,000 on the odometer.

Brake pads the same with nissan x-trail, fuel filter (vic fc-226) the same with nissan urvan.
    Oil filter i use is a vic-226
    Brake kits-Serena, Front brakes rotors-Xtrail, Rear brakes-Pathfinder, Tie rods-Serena, Rear shocks-Vannette. front struts pathfinder

Air filter part numbers
    Air filter
    NISSAN: 16546-0W800
    NISSAN: AY120-NS024
    NISSAN: AY120-NS024
    TOYOTA: 16546-OW800

(Note on the filter hard to find and pricey) Get a nissan MAF adaptor and put a nice 3" Cone filter on it like a K&N you get a nice bump in performance as well. The factory box is a big restrictive monster.

Headlight bulbs H4's
    Fogs H3's
    Side lights T20's

I ordered all LED's to replace these.

Dome light 31mm wide festoon
    501 wedge for the door lights and step light
    Turn indicators 7440
    Brake lights 7443

Wheel hub is 100mm incase you get after market wheels and need a hubcentric ring.

Great sites to check out for your Elgrand needs.
    Nissan Elgrand UK Owners Collective :: Index
    http://elgrand.ning.com
    http://www.nissanelgrand.com.au

Add a oil catch can as well, they are cheap and easy to fit.

The old Devils has a 1999 Elgrand Highway Star, Going to do lots of little mods to make it unique. And of course it's got to get the alcohol injection when I get back to the Philippines. Hands down there is no vehicle sold in the Philippines that can compete with the Elgrand as far as luxury and comfort or horsepower for the price. I can have 4 of these for the cost of 1 Fortuner Going to get second one for sure.

Avoid the 3.0 NEO diesel versions as there fuel pump cannot be serviced in the Philippines that is there only downside or I would have gotten one, If it goes out the cost of a new one is around 130000P to 150000P Stick with the 3.2 liter engine which also rest between the fenders of the Nissan Navara pickup.
    Last edited by dvldoc; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks dvldoc for the info. . cant wait for tomorrow to start on some of my planned fixes.

Just came back from Makati, no traffic, had to speed up, noticed that the van is shifting but the noise is unbearable (parang airplane sa loob) . Before kala ko not shifting because of the noise parang naka high rev lagi. Anyone had this same problem? Im guessing now na baka problem with the turbo already.

just got accepted sa elgrand.ning forum, dami helpful posts .

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Have you checked the transmission fluid level yet to see if it's full?

Also if you suspect your turbo does it boost normally, how is the power?

Here is a Elgrand fact, They do not have exhaust manifold gaskets and can leak causing a loud noise and loss of boost pressure. You can have it replaced with one from the Nissan Navara which is a asbestos unit. This might be your problem if you bleeding off boost because of a exhaust manifold leak. It would cause similar problems to what your having.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Nissan ELGRAND who has one?