New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Anyone own one? I have been seeing more and more adds for them in the paper. And for around 450,000P they look pretty good especially with that 3.2L turbo diesel, I believe it's 160hp stock.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nakasakay na ko nito dati, my dad's cousin has one in Hong Kong, ganda ng ride, lakas ng hatak pero I believe V6 gas engine yon. Ang ayaw ko lang sa EL GRAND pag dating dito e converted na. For P450,000 I'd rather buy a used Starex, very common but at least its original LHD.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; May 11th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i'd stay away from converted vehicles. as mentioned by row, there are better choices for your 450K. i would get a second hand kia carnival

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bringing this back since more of these are hitting the streets, That QD32 has got some dang good power. Any Elgrand owners out there with opinions on this vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Have one since 04/2007 highway star 3.2L. the newer version is a neo di 3.0 170hp. within 1-3 months really had problems with the conversion of the steering rack. so i replaced it with a hi-ace steering rack & never had any problems (full radius turn). as to ride, power and comfort i'd say it would top the previous starex model in terms of power, comfort, insulation. it has a 150hp, very comfy seats & suspension, excellent noise and heat insulation (even better than a ford expedition's heat insulation). only negative thing i would say about this car is its left side rear door. truly wish it had double doors. not unless you spend most of your time in greenhills, sm marilao & sm clark. this is my honest opinion, no offense to starex owners but i do like the new starex model.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    That's a bit un-nerving. Was the rack the original that was cut and re-welded or did it have a rack from some other Nissan in there before.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    the steering rack is not the cut & weld type but rather some surplus or used part that came from japan but its originally a left hand steering rack. the problems i encountered with the old rack was the fact that it had an inadequate turn. it made my van look like a ten wheeler truck with a sign on the rear that says "CAUTION wide turn do not overtake" & it was also leaking maybe coming from the oil seals. so I purchased a local steering rack (hi-ace philippine version 12K w/ labor) and i'm very satisfied with the conversion & outcome of the repair.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    My ride is a Nissan EL Grand

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    So how are you liking the Elgrand so far, These vans seem like they are pretty loaded with features not to mention good power about 5 more than the 3rd gen starex CRDI motors and only 10 less Hp than a 3.0 D-4D fortuner.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Elgrand, Presage, Homy or Neo (I knew only now) has the same family.
    Later models have a ZD30 engine (VP44 injection) similar but not the same as that of a Patrol and Estate. Most have a QD32 (Zexel COVEC pump, cheaper to calibrate)
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; September 24th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
Nissan ELGRAND who has one?