New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi Po! Just want to hear your comments on why Nissan here has this underrated image, and suggestions as well that you guys think will make it's reputation here the same w/ it's reputation worldwide (being one of the Japanese BIG 3 and all...)

Before my aunt visited Japan for a vacation, she told me that nissan models there were different and everywhere! The Jap tour guide even said to her that nissan is a Japanese BMW, I think it's the no. 2 car maker in Japan (toyota being no. 1).

Now let's go to the west, I went to U.K this summer coz dad has this vacation benefit from he's work, the whole family went there. Again Nissan there was big from their Sentra esp. Se-Rs, Altima esp. coupe, Titan (big Navarra), Pathfinder (ala fortuner's size), Armada, 350Zs! Heck, the upcomming Porsche and Vette beater-- GTR Supercar is so hyped and popular there every western car magazine can't stop getting their hands on it! It's an all new enthusiast's culture there for the said legendary Godzilla car!

Back home... wala lang.. I remember when I was little my dad is in this talyer and talking to this manong mechanic, I remember he said naku sir ganyan kasi pag nissan at mitsubishi madali masira piyesa. Now all grown up I say he doesn't know what he's talking about.

So guys comments on this and even suggestions to Nissan Phil. and Mantrade maybe.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea_318 View Post
    Back home... wala lang.. I remember when I was little my dad is in this talyer and talking to this manong mechanic, I remember he said naku sir ganyan kasi pag nissan at mitsubishi madali masira piyesa. Now all grown up I say he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    hindi naman madaling masira ang piyesa ng nissan...mahal at mahirap bumili ng piyesa kasi konte lang nagbebenta

sa tignin ko ang nissan parang medyo oldie ang design (esp. sentra)

another problem is, one-side ganda ng car nila
    example, ang teana maganda interior pero pangit ang exterior niya IMO kaya mahina ang benta ng teana nila. i'm waiting for the next model ng teana, ang ganda kasi kaysa sa teana ngayon

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Po! Just want to hear your comments on why Nissan here has this underrated image, and suggestions as well that you guys think will make it's reputation here the same w/ it's reputation worldwide (being one of the Japanese BIG 3 and all...)

Before my aunt visited Japan for a vacation, she told me that nissan models there were different and everywhere! The Jap tour guide even said to her that nissan is a Japanese BMW, I think it's the no. 2 car maker in Japan (toyota being no. 1).

Now let's go to the west, I went to U.K this summer coz dad has this vacation benefit from he's work, the whole family went there. Again Nissan there was big from their Sentra esp. Se-Rs, Altima esp. coupe, Titan (big Navarra), Pathfinder (ala fortuner's size), Armada, 350Zs! Heck, the upcomming Porsche and Vette beater-- GTR Supercar is so hyped and popular there every western car magazine can't stop getting their hands on it! It's an all new enthusiast's culture there for the said legendary Godzilla car!

So guys comments on this and even suggestions to Nissan Phil. and Mantrade maybe.

the thing that happened is probably a single mistake and impression that was not erased.

they had their mistakes with the sentra box type before and knowing how the philippine stereotyped and brand conscious market is, they never got the chance to erase this reputation.

if i remember, mazda and ford had also these problems and look at them now. even though they came out with really good models, hindi na natanggal yung ganung stigma sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sabi dati narinig ko mitsubishi daw madaling masira ... so far sumasakay nama ako sa mga mitsubishi .. wala naman akong nakikita na madaling masira, sabi sabi lang yun, kung minsan kasi pag yung taong pinagkakatiwalaan mo ang nagsabi naniwala naman kaagad at kakalat na ang tsismis, at tatak na sa isipan ng taong walang alam sa tsikot ang ganun kaya naimpluwensyahan na rin...

nanghihiram kami dati ng tsikot na mitsubishi, wala naman kami na incounter na madaling masira maganda nama ang experience namin..

ngayon may tsikot kami nissan, maganda naman wala naman akong nakikita na madaling masira ok naman...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually merong sira yung Mitsubishi dati, yung mga Pajeros nila faulty tapos tinakpan pa nila yung defect to avoid warranty claims. And mind you hindi yan local problem, it was worldwide. Hangang naexpose na sa media, kaya ayun laki lugi nila. Hanggang ngayon recovery mode pa din sila...

Kaya nakakatakot talaga masira reputation mo, one major mis-step tapos ka na

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Now let's go to the west, I went to U.K this summer coz dad has this vacation benefit...
    Sirs typo thats U.S. not U.K. Sorry po. And forgot to indicate that the so called Japanese Big 3 Car Makers are Toyota, Nissan and Honda.

I agree w/ you guys sa mga statements nyo, lalo na tungkol kay manong mekaniko.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    IMHO, I think nasira rin Nissan talaga starting sa box type nila. We had that model before and saglit lang nangalawang na yung kaha. Bad rep din sila sa newspapers nun especially nung may nag-complain na habang dina-drive niya eh bigla na lang nawalan ng feedback yung steering wheel (kahit anong kabig ayaw).

Now naman, add the stereotyped rep to the uninspired design (yep, esp. the Sentra which I drive btw and currently my project to remove the "uninspired" in the design), I guess that's enough why it's underrated.

Pero when you look at the road, a decent number of taxis use Nissan. Kasi although they are underrated on Sales, they are definitely cheap, reliable, and reasonable in terms of AFTERSales. Imagine a km.checkup that wouldn't cost more than 2K (for the sedan and for 5,15,25K kms., etc...). That's something not all manufacturers can offer. And on my own perspective, I go for what's bang-for-the-buck, and definitely, whether old looking or not, underrated or not, their models deliver. Kaya nga mga colorum na van at taxis makikita mo Nissan binbili at sa casa rin nagpapaayos. And I think that's about it.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; June 21st, 2008 at 08:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Actually merong sira yung Mitsubishi dati, yung mga Pajeros nila faulty tapos tinakpan pa nila yung defect to avoid warranty claims. And mind you hindi yan local problem, it was worldwide. Hangang naexpose na sa media, kaya ayun laki lugi nila. Hanggang ngayon recovery mode pa din sila...

Kaya nakakatakot talaga masira reputation mo, one major mis-step tapos ka na
    I also learned this, thats one of the few reasons maybe they say mitsu is still ailing up to now.

As for Nissan being underrated of the big 3 w/ Toyota and honda, I strongly feel they are slowly making plus on their reputation here especially now w/ their success worldwide (except us as of late ) that we all know of. Actually many middle to high class pinoys are eager and waiting for nissans dynamic and aggressive image to come here.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/ar...882/page_m.asp

I think this will explain why Nissan Phils is a bit too late in introducing new model. Renault and Nissan focused FIRST in profitable market like US and Europe to immediately stabilize their financial standing before going to smaller markets like the asean / asian. Now look around, we have the Grand Livina, the X-trails and the new Murano, plus the Nevarra, etc..

SHARING IS CARING.....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [SIZE=2]underrated nga ang nissan here sa atin, we used to have a box type sentra diesel na color gold, ang galing ng fc nito. ang tipid but sadly my brother had an accident with it so my dad had to sell it. i'm wondering now why nissan has not release here current model sedans with diesel engines like with their box type sentras had. pero bad nga rep cguro ng nissan becoz my cousin's nissan power pick up's steering wheel detached from the dashboard while he was driving.[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan A Big 3 Jap Carmaker. Why Underrated Here?