New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I'm planning to get a second-hand vehicle for my daily drive and I'm currently eying the nissan ad resort.

I would appreciate if you can give me some information regarding this pick-up/car.

- are there models that came w/ power steering as standard?
    - are there variants such as 1.6/1.5? SLX?
    - what's the size of the flatbed? can I fit a plywood (4'x8') ?
    - average fuel consumption?
    - since i'll be using it for province trips I will need a high ground clearance. How high is the vehicle ground clearance, is it the same as the sentra b13 (series 2)? can it accommodate tires as big as 185/70/r14?
    - what's the suspension at the rear? is it a torsion beam (same as sentra series 3)? or coil spring or leaf spring.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tuwato View Post
    I'm planning to get a second-hand vehicle for my daily drive and I'm currently eying the nissan ad resort.

I would appreciate if you can give me some information regarding this pick-up/car.

- are there models that came w/ power steering as standard?
    - are there variants such as 1.6/1.5? SLX?
    - what's the size of the flatbed? can I fit a plywood (4'x8') ?
    - average fuel consumption?
    - since i'll be using it for province trips I will need a high ground clearance. How high is the vehicle ground clearance, is it the same as the sentra b13 (series 2)? can it accommodate tires as big as 185/70/r14?
    - what's the suspension at the rear? is it a torsion beam (same as sentra series 3)? or coil spring or leaf spring.

Thanks in advance.
    - Dunno if the 2.0 did, the 1.6 didn't.
    - 1.6 Carbureted. 2.0 diesel.
    - Yes. Tailgate down. Bed is wide enough, but length is only around 5-6 feet.
    - About the same as any carburetor equipped 1.6. Lousy when it's dirty, so-so when it's clean. (The carb, that is).
    - Yes. Yes. But better than bigger tires is probably adding spring spacers.
    - Torsion beam with coil springs. Different beam and spring set from the Series 3. Thicker beam, bigger springs, no panhard bar (what Nissan calls the "multi-link" part of their "multi-link beam" suspension. Taller in the rear than a Sentra.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    In my opinion Ad sport is not worth for the purpose you want...its more of a light duty delivery vehicle. Matakaw sa gas, kulang sa ground clearance maikli VERSUS a standard double cab pickup.

For your purpose, mas maganda na bumili ka ng diesel pickup (example: toyota Hilux, isuzu fuego or nissan eagle). You can't go wrong with any of the three options.

Base on my experience using these trucks:

Fuego pros - pinakamatipid, pinakamalaki ang cab (double cab) at pinakaswabe ang suspension (parang oto). Cons pero pinaka maingay ang makina, medya mahal ang replacement parts at pinaka mabagal ang takbo.

Hilux pros - have the cheapest parts, okay lang ang fuel efficiency, mabilis tumakbo maraming after market parts sa upgrades. Cons - maliit ang space ng cab, medyo matagtag.

Nissan Pros - a proven workhorse (usong gamit ng mga ahente ng gamot sa animals) kahit barumbado ang user and probably is the fastest among the three. Cons - expensive ang spare parts, pinakamatagtag.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's not being used for ultra-heavy loads, the AD can handle daily duty just fine... Say 500 plus kilos over the rear axle. The rear suspension is completely different from the Sentra.

Yes, fuel consumption is an issue with the 1.6. The 2.0 diesel is more appealing, but that's only available with an FB type rear and parts are difficult.

As a daily driver, though, the gas version is not bad. Small, easy to maneuver, easy to park.

Anong engine ang nakakabit sa 2.0 diesel? I've seen one dati pero ang nakita kong engine is a 1.7 CD17 (transplanted maybe?).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Alam ko CD20... But not sure. Hard to find them secondhand. Baka CD17 nga.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CD20 came with the utility version of the AdResort. The CD17 i think was the one in the boxtype Sentra before.

I'd get a gas engine anytime over the CD20 as it would have more parts available.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks for the suggestion sir - actually I wanted a full time pick-up but maintenance is a bit high for me that's why I'm eying the ad resort. I'll be using it only for light loads.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Except for the fact that a 2.5 non-turbo diesel is typically cheaper to fuel (mostly brcause diesel is cheaper), no big issues with owning a gas Resort. Parts are shared with the Sentra (again. Excep rear suspension and rear body) and are cheap. Painless to drive.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    how about those old school '89 nissan pick-up. these cars look cool when restored. any idea what's their engine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast