New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi to all gurus in the house!

I had an oil change with my nissan 92 eccs.
    Immediately after, my car had a "TOPE" or engine ping on hard acceleration or uphills. This TOPE was accompanied by white smoke. The smoke by the way smelt like used oil.

This week, i brought the car to my mechanic in Libis. Mang boy took out the cylinder head, had a machineshop adjust the valve clearances and change the valve seals. He also changed the oil and plugs.

Guess what. Tope parin! Its becoming a pain in the *ss.

I remember the Shell mechanic power air sprayed my filter, without removing the airfilter. I guess all the dirt went inside the ECCS. Could this be the culprit in the tope?

My piston rings are still ok though.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

note: my car has a simota air filter and nodalo headers and muffler.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    BTW, im planning to have nissan libis check my car. They say that checking already costs 1,250!!!

Having spent 12k last week, ouch yun.

up up up.
    May similar experience po ba kayo.

Tope talaga paakyat ng meralco ave, julio vargas at paakyat katipunan. Nakakahiya po.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    try mo dalin sa prince motors bro (doon sa dating nissan commonwealth). they only charge P680 for diagnostics. check mo na rin yung high tension wires mo baka palitin na. nangyari din kasi sa akin yan dati. it turns out na sira na yung isa sa high tension wires ko. good luck.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    may nakapag banggit din po nyan sakin. Thanks po for sharing.

Sige po, ipa diagnostic ko muna. dito lang sa libis para malapit.

Kung eccs ang tama nito, looks like na maglalabas nanaman ako ng pera.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    try mo dalin sa prince motors bro (doon sa dating nissan commonwealth). they only charge P680 for diagnostics. check mo na rin yung high tension wires mo baka palitin na. nangyari din kasi sa akin yan dati. it turns out na sira na yung isa sa high tension wires ko. good luck.
    nag pi "ping" po ba makina sabay ng maputing usok?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wala namang white smoke yung sa akin. may "tope" lang siya pag-uphill like you described at minsan nag-jejerk yung kotse. pa diagnose mo sa casa para ma-pinpoint kung ano talaga problema tapos pwede mo nang ipaayos sa labas.

you can try to visit www.nissanbayan.com/forums for more info. very helpful ang mga tao doon. goodluck.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    di ako maka pag log in sa nissan bayan sir.

ok lang. Update ko po kayo kung ano mangyayari.

BTW, yung car mo ba e may problema parin na white smoke?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try checking other things... shouldn't have pulled the cylinder head until you'd confirmed that was the problem.

Check your spark plugs (they should be original NGKs) and high tension wires... cracked wires may lead to some tope, but not smoke.

And check your intake. Simota filters often equal less power and poor running on MAF-equipped cars. If the gas boy sprayed your filter while it was still attached, he may have damaged the MAF or gotten it dirty. There are various how-to's on the internet on how to clean the MAF. But simply: just buy electrical contact cleaner, take off the air-filter and spray the MAF sensor inside the intake tube thoroughly. Let it dry off, then replace that Simota head with something better, like a K&N. Observe.

If none of these help, you may need to check your fuel filter and injectors, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

Dalin ko po mamaya sa speedy fix.

magpapa compression test narin po ako.
    Ung Maf sensor ko e ipapalinis narin. Kasi, wala namang tope before the oil change.

Orig NGk plugs po ako.
    High tension wires (stock - dont know how to check)

Sana po maayos.

Additional question po.
    Magkano po palinis ng fuel injectors?

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    dinala ko po kay sir MIGs sa speedy fix kahapon.

Ipaayos ko daw muna yung timing.
    Muka daw tumalon ang isang ipin yung gear kaya todo retard para mawala tope.
    Pag nilagay sa gitna yung timing, lakas ng tope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan '92 ECCS - white smoke