New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    kaya daw mura ang selling price lalo na pag 2nd hand na dahil mahal daw ang parts at malakas sa gas! I wonder kung totoo po..kasi i plan to buy po eh,,,need advise lang...ty

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Depende iyon sa definition mo ng malakas sa gas.

Noong 1998 ang malakas sa gas sa akin ay any car that has a fuel consumption greater than or equal to 7km liter ay malakas sa gas. Kung nasa 8 and above ang consumption iyon ay masasabi kong matipid sa gas.

Simula 2005 ang standards ko nagbago na, ang matipid sa akin ay > = 12km / liter. Less than that ay maaksaya na.

So ano ba ang standards mo. Anyway, iyang Series 3 na Sentra nagkaron kami ng family ko nyan. 1997 acquired pero branded as 1998 Model, pahaba ang ilaw sa likod (maganda sigurong idescribe ito ay iyong STA model). Anyway, iyong sa amin noon ang pinaka the best FC ko doon ay 10km / liter. Automatic iyon. Kung panget ang conditions like road, heavy traffic nasa 8km/liter. At hindi sya sirain, a very reliable car.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    tama. it depends on your standards. pero para sa size nya, malakas yan 7km/L - para sa compact car.

sa akin kasi, dapat minimum consumption nya is 10km/L.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Correct ko lang iyong sinabi ko sa itaas. Ako ay bangag.

Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Depende iyon sa definition mo ng malakas sa gas.

Noong 1998 ang malakas sa gas sa akin ay any car that has a fuel consumption less than or equal to 7km liter ay malakas sa gas. Kung nasa 8km/liter and above ang consumption iyon ay masasabi kong matipid sa gas.

Simula 2005 ang standards ko nagbago na, ang matipid sa akin ay > = 12km / liter. Less than that ay maaksaya na.

So ano ba ang standards mo. Anyway, iyang Series 3 na Sentra nagkaron kami ng family ko nyan. 1997 acquired pero branded as 1998 Model, pahaba ang ilaw sa likod (maganda sigurong idescribe ito ay iyong STA model). Anyway, iyong sa amin noon ang pinaka the best FC ko doon ay 10km / liter. Automatic iyon. Kung panget ang conditions like road, heavy traffic nasa 8km/liter. At hindi sya sirain, a very reliable car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Correct ko lang iyong sinabi ko sa itaas. Ako ay bangag.
    nah ... hindi ka bangag

both posts are valid as far as the content is concerned ... in the first post, you were referring to the variable "fuel consumption" ... in the second post, you simply decided to be more mathematically correct by referring to the value "7km/li"

actually, the terminology "fuel consumption" is quite confusing when we use km/li as they are somewhat inverse from each other ... maybe it should be "fuel economy" so that higher km/li appropriately indicates more economical car

and if we insist on using "fuel consumption", we should be using li/km (or li/100km as other countries do) so that higher li/100km indicates higher consumption

mind you, this has been bugging me for years now .. its like "ano ba talaga, kuya?"

just my .02

and for the TS question, i have no idea, never had a nissan car

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Froshie is right. Malakas compared to what? If you compare that Sentra to new cars it would seem na malakas siya sa gas, but if you compare that to cars of the same vintage with similar conditions (condition of the car also matters by the way) then they may have similar fuel consumption figures.

But like I said condition also matters. If not properly tuned it may consume more fuel than it should, and if driven in heavy traffic then that will compound the reputation of being matakaw sa gas. The only real way to test if gulps rather than sips fuel is to take it on a long trip. From there dig up archived information about how fuel efficient it should be on highway runs and factor in the use of AC, what your average speed is, amount of passenger and cargo load as well as tire pressures.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I own a nissan sentra ex saloon series 3, 1998 model. Fuel consumption for city driving is 10kms/liter. I get 14 to 15kms/liter when going to ilocos. A reliable car, di sirain.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to own a 96 Sentra 3 (EX Saloon) for over 10 years until I sold it last August 2007.

IIRC, it was averaging 10 - 12kms/liter (AC on all the time), so for me, hindi malakas sa gas. (Compared to the 6kms/li of my 97 Accord!) Solid car, maganda ang interior and served me in good stead.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba pinag-uusapan Manual or Matic?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also had a '95 series 3 super saloon , hinde naman malakas for me sa gas at that time....I would say average for a 1.6 liter car ang consumption...

sirain? I think that was just a carry over perception from the box type sentra, talagang sirain kasi yun series 1 na sentra, and hanggan ngayon yun pa rin ang belief ng mga tao...

but I tell you the engine of the sentras was built to last..kahit ilan beses na ako nabaha/overheat sa sentra wala pa rin nasirang internal parts

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Nissa Sentra Series 3 Malakas Daw Sa Gas? True Or False?