New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Guys, I'm gonna own a sentra 89 from my dad in 5 months time... I'm thinking of swapping it's engine... ano po kaya pwedeng engine na madali iswap and affordable pa? also, meron kayang pwedeng spoiler and skirts for 89? curious lang kasi wla pa ako nakita... ayoko ng look ng box type eh... pero yun lang 89 meron kami eh... meron akong 45k, and madadagdagan pa.. ano kaya magandang gawin?

really, i haven't decided kung ano gagawin... any suggestions? thanks...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alsentra89 View Post
    Guys, I'm gonna own a sentra 89 from my dad in 5 months time... I'm thinking of swapping it's engine... ano po kaya pwedeng engine na madali iswap and affordable pa? also, meron kayang pwedeng spoiler and skirts for 89? curious lang kasi wla pa ako nakita... ayoko ng look ng box type eh... pero yun lang 89 meron kami eh... meron akong 45k, and madadagdagan pa.. ano kaya magandang gawin?

really, i haven't decided kung ano gagawin... any suggestions? thanks...
    for that kind of money i can have the whole undercarriage renovated, interior detailed, paint washed over, tints and maybe a new sound system plus a full oil change, tune up and hella foglamps.

other than that, there's not a whole lot you can do with it's looks. i see very few aftermarket body kits for your sentra, and your only option would probably be to have a body kit fabricator copy designs you see on the web.

i suggest you make the car run reliable for the time being. then follow with mags and tyres and intake/header/exhaust mods if you're into that.

engine... well, you can try swapping with a ga16 eccs. not sure lang if the engine mounts would line up.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The old Sentra uses a different engine and engine mounts. You can swap in the GA16DE, but it won't be plug-and-play... you'll have to fabricate mounts.

At 45k, concentrate on underbody work and rust removal first. Repair any suspension or steering issues too. Once you're done, if you have enough left over, start going into the engine to see what you can do. A GA16DE might fit within 10-15k, but I don't know if you'll have enough money left afterwards to complete a swap (labor, fuel pump, etcetera).

Or, you could blow all 45k on an SR20 swap. You'll have a rocket that will fly down the road... up until the brakes or wonky suspension give out on you...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks for the suggestions... although i can't touch that car ngayon... thanks... oh, yung sr20, mukhang malabo, another gastos pag nasira suspension dahil dun... haha... tahnks..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    BTW... although i know about the parts that you've mentioned... is there any book or manual that can teach me about all the things i should know about a car? yung manual kasi nung sentra namin, ewan ko kung nasan, 2nd hand lang kasi yun, sa tao din galing at hindi sa shop...

Newbie here... questions about sentra 89