New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Wow even UN Ave. was removed as a dealer pala. That's huge news. They used to be a top seller.

BTW Nissan says they will hike the Terra's price by 15k next month. #TerribleRunAwayINflation

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quezon Ave din yata hiniwalay ung Baic ba un o Piaganni?

Yung UN Ave. garapal eh kapag bumili ako pyesa, sa kahera ng Suzuki ako nabayad at sa Hino yun talyer nila then pag akyat mosa taas dealer naman ng Segway..

Ganyan din nangyari sa Naga, naging Servitek at Hino dealer. Buti pinalitan ng Lo group this time hiwalay yung building sa Chevy, Suby, Foton, Honda

Kay Yuchenco naman hiwalay na talaga yung isusu sa Honda, sa canteen lang sila nag shshare..haha.

Grand Carnival na yan bro kung laging long-drive. Hihintayin ko maging rear disc brake eton NP o Terra bago ko i-consider..hehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I was thinking Nissan's both navarra and terra's TOTL variant are still brake drums on the rear.[emoji41]
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

Yung UN Ave. garapal eh kapag bumili ako pyesa, sa kahera ng Suzuki ako nabayad at sa Hino yun talyer nila then pag akyat mosa taas dealer naman ng Segway..

Ganyan din nangyari sa Naga, naging Servitek at Hino dealer. Buti pinalitan ng Lo group this time hiwalay yung building sa Chevy, Suby, Foton, Honda

Kay Yuchenco naman hiwalay na talaga yung isusu sa Honda, sa canteen lang sila nag shshare..haha.

Grand Carnival na yan bro kung laging long-drive. Hihintayin ko maging rear disc brake eton NP o Terra bago ko i-consider..hehe
    Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Eto na naman yung drum brakes na ginagawang issue [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Eto na naman yung drum brakes na ginagawang issue [emoji23]

What is the issue of drum brakes? Does it make any vehicle as an inferior one?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    What is the issue of drum brakes? Does it make any vehicle as an inferior one?
    No, it doesn't. In fact when put in a blind test I'm pretty sure most of the noisy people on the internet wouldn't be able to tell a disc/drum setup from a disc/disc setup.

Yes, a car close to 2M ought to have disc brakes all around. But just because it has drums at the rear doesn't mean it's a deal-breaker.

Front discs do 90% of the braking and drums aren't necessarily weaker than rear discs, just less efficient at cooling (but they don't heat up much anyway, because again 90% of the braking is done by the front brakes). I've driven cars with drum brakes at the rear on the racetrack and it's not much of a dealbreaker there - much less on the streets at much lower speeds.

It's even far less relevant than 3rd row space yet it's blown out of proportion on the interwebs.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    To each his own. I agree performance is almost the same.

But buying at premium price with drums is bad for me, at least for service point-of view.

Its a pita inspecting & cleaning you have to back the shoe down to remove the drum.

Discs are self-cleaning.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

Huge loss for them. Nissan is on the up and up. Tuwang tuwa yung ibang dealers sigurado. That's probably also why I saw a few notes posted in multi brand dealerships that said "no cross selling".

Problema bro walang stocks si Kia nung 11 seater. And pagdating daw ng stocks (if may dadating pa) +Php 100,000 na. And no way am I buying the more expensive 7 seater. #TerribleRunAwayINflation

Am also a bit hesitant to get another Korean because some diesel shops I talked to said the oil seals fail early sometimes. With that in mind I think I only have the stomach for having just one Korean car.

Gonna be hiring an in house grease monkey naman. Cleaning the drums will keep him busy.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    The disc / drum setup of the Terra is also a letdown for me. At least the Fortuner is now disc / disc. Agree the brake setup is more and more a matter of preference rather than performance, but yeah, a premium priced car should not have scrimped on that aspect, if I may say so myself. It's just something that keeps niggling at you, like a slow leaking faucet. But unlike the faucet, this problem is not as easily remedied.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    I have yet to schedule a test drive for the Terra. But, regarding the disc/drum setup. The only thing I noticed about them (personally) was when I compare the setup by Toyota of the previous gen Fortuner and the current gen when it still had the disc/drum setup.

For whatever reason, they tuned the disc brakes to bite harder than the rear on the previous gen, which always made the car lurch forward when you brake a little hard. In the new gen, when it still had the disc/drum setup, this is not noticeable to me.

I do hope they set it a bit like that where the Terra doesn't lurch forward when you brake it hard.