New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi Nissan Gurus,

I would like to seek your honest opinion on the Nissan Sentra 2007 GS or GSX A/T.
    I'm planning to buy this model for a daily use however I would to ask from the experts point of view on the Pro's and Con's of this car.
    If you could give me atleast 3 Pro's and 3 Con's so that I can create a comparative analysis it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,
    Free & Accepted

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa lang masasabi ko.
    malakas sa gas.

pros: very stable and spacious car.... great AC system.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I used to own a 2002 Exalta Superio (Grandeur N16 series). The newer Sentra GS shares the same chassis but with bigger stock wheels (15") and the exception of the sunroof and wood trims. I would not have sold it if somebody offered to take care of it when I left for the US back in 2009. I love the plush interior and wood trims of the Exalta N16s. See below my primary observations. By the way, the Sentra GSX is spec'd lower than the GS so it has less features (no rear disc brakes, etc.) You can check NMPI's site for the features comparison as NMPI still sells the N16 Sentra.

FC: 8-9 km/L on city driving, 10-12 on the highway
    Comfortable, feels more like a midsize (think of it as a small Cefiro)
    Stable cruiser - very stable on highways
    Good insulation
    Great AC system - push-button auto climate control (no more knobs)
    Good brakes (all disk brakes with ABS)
    Not too quick - on the heavy side for a compact sedan, enough low-end torque though to get it up to speed
    Front suspension needs regular check - small rubber bushings on the front crossarms are susceptible to wear (a nearby Cruven will be handy) or else, front tires will bear the grunt of the heavy front of the car leading to early tire wear
    Needs 95RON gas - you can always use SeaOil Extreme 97 as it is priced the same as the 93RON of the big three (Shell, Caltex, Petron)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thank you for the information sir Egan101 & 1D4LV but I was just wondering can a Nissan GX 1.3 A/T or any other car for that matter can go to Baguio with 4 people in it? because the only reason I'm thinking of 1.6 is that the 1.3 cars can't go too far.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes, it can go up to baguio w/ 5 people and luggages.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Free & Accepted View Post
    Thank you for the information sir Egan101 & 1D4LV but I was just wondering can a Nissan GX 1.3 A/T or any other car for that matter can go to Baguio with 4 people in it? because the only reason I'm thinking of 1.6 is that the 1.3 cars can't go too far.
    i am puzzled.. who is spreading the rumor that 1.3 liter cars have no right to be driven on long drives?
    and how did the celerios, altos, and picantos that are seen in baguio, get there?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    How about in traffic? does the 1.3 cars tend to over heat a lot quicker?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Free & Accepted View Post
    How about in traffic? does the 1.3 cars tend to over heat a lot quicker?
    of course not! in fact, smaller engines generate less heat..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The taxi N16s use the 1.3L engine with the MT tranny. The GX 1.3L AT a lot less features - no rear disc brakes, no ABS or EBD, no airbags, manual aircon controls, etc. If you can find a GS model, go for it instead. FC may not be a big difference as the N16 chassis is a heavy one.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thank you Egan101 for a helpful insight, probably I would stick to GS instead of GX because of the features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast