New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Where is the computer box of the 1.3 GX located?

Can I do a manual DIY disconnection like plugging out of sockets?

Our Sentra is currently submerged mags-deep in our garage, and I'm afraid the Laguna Lake flood will not subside anytime soon.

I need the location of the box. If it's high enough, I'll just disconnect the battery and push it to higher ground.

Street flood is above knee-deep and the car's clearance is higher than stock due to the 17s mags on stock suspension.

I'm more than pretty sure any coming storm in the next two months will bring the water up and it's no good for the car.

As of this mail, the engine is still sound.

Thanks Tsikot.
    Last edited by isa1023; August 14th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's probably located behind the dashboard, lower part center (usually on the hump in the middle). With our nissans this was the usual spot.

If your car will be submerged for time being, remove also the following:
    - ECU
    - A/C panel switches
    - instrument cluster
    - power window switches
    - seats
    - door panels
    - carpets
    - lights
    - alternator
    - aux fan motor

You can also try:
    - removing and sealing the intake (and MAF sensor)
    - plug up the exhaust pipe
    - raise the car on blocks and anchor it properly

Before you know it, nakalas mo na yung buong kotse... hehe. My friend actually got to do a lot of those before the floods covered all their cars in Malabon last week. Natuto na siya from Ondoy before.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Copy sir vinj. Thanks.

Plano ko po sana itulak palabas sa mas mataas na lugar (mga around 400 meters from garage).

I'm just worried na baka tamaan yung box. I'll check and confirm po yung location behind the dashboard.

If it is, then hindi po siya tatamaan during the push.

Most likely and aabutin po during the push is yung compressor.

We'll make it a point na before even starting eh patuyuin muna totally yung car inside out by towing to a nearby car shop and have thorough drying.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    the ecu of the n16 is located on a higher portion, not as it used to be on the series 2 and series 3. kung nakaharap ka sa engine compartment, nsa upper left side siya (kung naka upo ka sa driver's seat, nasa kanan sya). good idea to disconnect even just the battery. kapag na disconnect mo naman ang battery, wala na signal papunta sa ecu. be sure to disconnect one battery cable. yung iba kasi ang gawa, yung positve sive fusible link lang ang binubunot. to be sure, remove the positive cable (tanda ko 10 mm lang naman na open wrench need mo

Need help: N16 ECU location