New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    guys, help naman, gusto ko bumilis ang nissan sentra ko, I used to drive a Nissan maxima kasi tpos I swithced to a Sentra JX, medyo nabibitin ko sa power ng JX,
    hirap sa overtake, panu ko mapapalakas power ng JX ko without sacrificing fuel consumption at engine reliability.......

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Swap out the engine for an EFI version of the GA16.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badgevayne View Post
    guys, help naman, gusto ko bumilis ang nissan sentra ko, I used to drive a Nissan maxima kasi tpos I swithced to a Sentra JX, medyo nabibitin ko sa power ng JX,
    hirap sa overtake, panu ko mapapalakas power ng JX ko without sacrificing fuel consumption at engine reliability.......
    Without anything drastic, there isn't much of anything you can do to significantly increase the power from the small engine in the sentra JX that wouldn't also increase your FC.

You can have a nitrous system installed which you can activate when you want to overtake that pesky Corolla Altis or that damned Honda CRV on the highway.

4. Join Date
    May 2007

Dont expect too much on a four banger. Bolt on a much stronger engine...I say V-8.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Dont expect too much on a four banger. Bolt on a much stronger engine...I say V-8.
    That doesn't help. The only reason why the Sentra JX is "slow" is that it's engine is just 1.4L in displacement.

Engine swap options include:
    -GA16DE
    -GA16DNE
    -SR16DE
    -SR16VE
    -SR20DE
    -SR20DET
    -SR20VE

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    di pa kaya engine swap ngaun, siguro stick muna sa headers and upgrade tng exhaust system, un nga lang malakas sa gasolina,nu ba maganda na spark plug para sa engine ko, at any idea where i can buy a htw at magkano?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di pa kaya engine swap ngaun, siguro stick muna sa headers and upgrade tng exhaust system, un nga lang malakas sa gasolina,nu ba maganda na spark plug para sa engine ko, at any idea where i can buy a htw at magkano?
    Don't bother doing those upgrades because your current 1.4L engine simply doesn't have anything much to give to start with anyway. It would be wasting your time and money. I have gone through that route long time ago as well as many others. With your engine, you would be better off to save your money for a proper upgrade.

If you would go through with your idea, you would just end up with a car that is noisy, questionable reliability and guzzles gasoline.

Headers with freeflow exhaust system will reduce your backpressure which would also reduce your low end torque, forcing you to use more engine revs to make up for the difference. "Special" sparkplugs don't really do much nor high tension wires if you have a stock ignition system. And even with an upgraded ignition coil and controller, stock wires often perform better with less side effects. Some aftermarket high tension wires "leak" after a year or so resulting in an irregular running engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="5"]reminder: Use of sms/txt format is not allowed in tsikot.com[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is the JX the 1.4 carburated one? There's very little you can do in terms of performance for that that won't be costly or useless. The main problem is the carburater and the size of the engine itself... a 1.4 carbed engine, even with all the bells and whistles (that you can find locally and cheaply, that is), will be slower than a stock 1.6 EFi... and nowhere near as quick as your old Maxima, which was almost twice as powerful (130hp versus... 80?)

I suggest you perform your maintenance. Clean out the air-filter, put in new stock plugs and stock wires (not replacement, spend for original Nissan, some replacement wires crack almost as easily as aftermarket Chinese high-tension wires), have your engine "tuned" (adjust timing) and have your carburetor cleaned. It won't make the car fast, but you can gain back a couple of lost horses from fixing up the engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Need help on my Sentra JX