New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    ano nga din pala ang size ng battery ng sentra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I remember correctly 2SM

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    If I remember correctly 2SM
    thanks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ano nga din pala ang size ng battery ng sentra?

yes, it's a 2sm. but i replaced it with a smaller 1sm, when the original battery died. para mas magaan at mas mura. i did not notice any drop in performance nor lifespan. besides, the MT is light and easy to push-start, should the battery start dying later on. heh heh.
    i have no added electric accessories. only all stock.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yes, it's a 2sm. but i replaced it with a smaller 1sm, when the original battery died. para mas magaan at mas mura. i did not notice any drop in performance nor lifespan. besides, the MT is light and easy to push-start, should the battery start dying later on. heh heh.
    i have no added electric accessories. only all stock.
    the 1sm battery fits snug naman? baka if i put a smaller battery tatalon talon sya...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the 1sm battery fits snug naman? baka if i put a smaller battery tatalon talon sya...

the clamp does its job naman, even as the 1sm's footprint is smaller than the battery tray's.
    no issues.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    and by the way, kahit ikot ko when the engine is free so the oil would circulate hindi pwede?

You cant let the oil circulate by just turning on the crank shaft pulley. One thing to do is remove all the sparkplugs, squirt oil (engine oil, not WD40) directly into the sparkplug holes and let it steep for a couple of hours, or overnight it you wish. Word of caution, before you remove the plugs, take care to clean the surrounding area. It should be free from any sort of debris, dust, etc.

If your valve cover is off, you can squirt oil on the cam lobes also.

Then with a strong battery, turn the engine over using the starter, sparkplugs are still out, so it will not start. This is why I instructed you to clean the areas before, so that contaminants wont get sucked in.

Your engine should turn.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    You cant let the oil circulate by just turning on the crank shaft pulley. One thing to do is remove all the sparkplugs, squirt oil (engine oil, not WD40) directly into the sparkplug holes and let it steep for a couple of hours, or overnight it you wish. Word of caution, before you remove the plugs, take care to clean the surrounding area. It should be free from any sort of debris, dust, etc.

If your valve cover is off, you can squirt oil on the cam lobes also.

Then with a strong battery, turn the engine over using the starter, sparkplugs are still out, so it will not start. This is why I instructed you to clean the areas before, so that contaminants wont get sucked in.

Your engine should turn.

thanks for the advice...

EDIT: i just remembered that some of the screws of the valve cover have rounded up, its a philipps (tama ba spelling?) screw. now if i cant remove it i might have to drill it...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    i've been researching in google on how to remove the oil filter of the car without using a tool... i've seen alot of good looking improvise tools that seem to work... has anyone tried to use an improvise oil filter remover?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i've been researching in google on how to remove the oil filter of the car without using a tool... i've seen alot of good looking improvise tools that seem to work... has anyone tried to use an improvise oil filter remover?

the usual problem is the slip (dumudulas). and, if you intend to re-use it, the crunch (can distortion).
    if you can remedy this slip, you can wrest it out using your bare hands. try wrapping around it, a length of rubber, say, inner tube. but if you do not intend to re-use the filter, tuhugin nyo po ng screwdriver at ikutin nyo.

it was hand-tightened when it was installed,and you can probably wrest it off using your bare hands.

if all else fails, then it's oil filter removal tool time. hindi naman masyadong mahal.

good luck.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the usual problem is the slip (dumudulas). and, if you intend to re-use it, the crunch (can distortion).
    if you can remedy this slip, you can wrest it out using your bare hands. try wrapping around it, a length rubber tubing. but if you do not intend to re-use the filter, tuhugin nyo po ng screwdriver at ikutin nyo.

it was hand-tightened when it was installed,and you can probably wrest it off using your bare hands.

good luck.
    i dont intend to reuse the oil filter anymore boss. its rusted as hell hehehe

it is very hard to remove, i have three theories on why:
    1. the screw/nut or whatever has rusted shut and prevents any movement of the oil filter (which i find to be unlikely)
    2. the paper gasket of the oil filter has stuck in between the filter and the engine.
    3. some goofball must have tightened it with a tool years ago thats why i cant remove it by hand!

ive also read about poking the filter with a screw driver, try ko yun as my last resort

thanks for your advice...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast