New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RomeoAlpha View Post
    there is a challenge removing the oilpan of the sentra's. hahahah.

oil filter should be an easfy find, cant describe the exact location pero sa bandang likod siya ng engine sa ilalim, AFAIK.
    that is why, i leave it to the experts (the mechanics). i don't enjoy the feel of oil on my arms as much as i used to.
    and i can't lie down under the car anymore, either. too fat.
    i'm getting old...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there is also a bit of a challenge in reaching the oil filter. one good thing is that the fuel filter is easily accessible, unlike some cars i have owned. the manual has a cable-type clutch, by the way.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by onewaytrip View Post
    there is also a bit of a challenge in reaching the oil filter. one good thing is that the fuel filter is easily accessible, unlike some cars i have owned. the manual has a cable-type clutch, by the way.
    cable type ang clutch ng sentra? not hydraulic? mas madadalian pala ako dun! hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onewaytrip View Post
    it's one of the lightest cable clutches i have ever used.
    and, it never gave up in the 13 years we had her.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    ano kaya yung size ng nut ng crankshaft pulley nya? icra-crank ko sana with a socket wrench eh
    No.

Do not attempt to crank the engine by using the head of the crankshaft pulley bolt.

You are at risk of shearing the bolt head off (mapuputol = malaking problema)

Try putting the car in gear (4th) and do a push and pull. Best done when you have an assistant doing the pushing and pulling while you check if the engine pulleys are turning.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    No.

Do not attempt to crank the engine by using the head of the crankshaft pulley bolt.

Try putting the car in gear (4th) and do a push and pull. Best done when you have an assistant doing the pushing and pulling while you check if the engine pulleys are turning.
    alright, thanks for the advice.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    No.

and by the way, kahit ikot ko when the engine is free so the oil would circulate hindi pwede?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    And I would assume that this models engine is already fuel injected. Drain your tank, and put in fresh fuel. After sitting there for awhile, the fuel lines maybe;

* empty
    * gummed up
    * or blocked by deposits

If this model sentra has an electric fuel pump, do not attempt to start the engine right away. Turn the key up to ON position only, this will let the fuel pump prime the fuel lines. Do it a couple of times, then attempt to start the engine.

If it starts and runs, then you are good. If not, try enlisting the help of a good mechanic to sort out the gremlins. If you opt to do this yourself, google is your best info source.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    And I would assume that this models engine is already fuel injected. Drain your tank, and put in fresh fuel. After sitting there for awhile, the fuel lines maybe;

* empty
    * gummed up
    * or blocked by deposits

If this model sentra has an electric fuel pump, do not attempt to start the engine right away. Turn the key up to ON position only, this will let the fuel pump prime the fuel lines. Do it a couple of times, then attempt to start the engine.

If it starts and runs, then you are good. If not, try enlisting the help of a good mechanic to sort out the gremlins. If you opt to do this yourself, google is your best info source.
    yes, it is fuel injected.

im planning on disassembling the fuel lines to clean them up, and maybe the gas tank if im not lazy...

im also going to remove the fuel rail and clean the injectors, ive done that on my altis before so i hope theyre similar...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    ano nga din pala ang size ng battery ng sentra?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast