New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    please comment on the below picture on what could be the culprit on this oil leak.my only idea was there was a leak in the valve cover gasket.and comment on the other pictures as well.i will be getting this roughly by tuesday for the second viewing.the seller agreed to do the repairs for the oil leak.

maraming salamat po sa lahat ng magrereply.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    please comment on the below picture on what could be the culprit on this oil leak.my only idea was there was a leak in the valve cover gasket.and comment on the other pictures as well.i will be getting this roughly by tuesday for the second viewing.the seller agreed to do the repairs for the oil leak.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    First:

Check that the oil leak is in the valve cover and not from the cylinder head. If it's from the cylinder head, even if the seller is going to do repairs, ask for a bigger discount. If it's the valve cover, it's no big thing.

Second:

Please don't post so many threads about the same problem. Post only the pictures relevant to your problem.

Sobrang laki ang pics mo, p're. Some of the people who can help you are on dial-up internet only, at matagal mag-load... I've been waiting ten minutes at di ko pa makita yung pic ng leak!

Third:

Check out www.nissanbayan.com and register at their forum boards. gasket leaks on older Cefiros are very common, and they can give you some good advice about them. Use the search function and look for "Cefiro gasket leak" to point you at relevant topics.

Good luck!

EDIT: Kita ko na... mukha ngang valve cover lang. Pero best bring a mechanic along for the second viewing, to be sure.
    Last edited by niky; December 17th, 2006 at 10:57 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    First:

Check that the oil leak is in the valve cover and not from the cylinder head. If it's from the cylinder head, even if the seller is going to do repairs, ask for a bigger discount. If it's the valve cover, it's no big thing.

Second:

Please don't post so many threads about the same problem. Post only the pictures relevant to your problem.

Sobrang laki ang pics mo, p're. Some of the people who can help you are on dial-up internet only, at matagal mag-load... I've been waiting ten minutes at di ko pa makita yung pic ng leak!

Third:

Check out www.nissanbayan.com and register at their forum boards. gasket leaks on older Cefiros are very common, and they can give you some good advice about them. Use the search function and look for "Cefiro gasket leak" to point you at relevant topics.

Good luck!

EDIT: Kita ko na... mukha ngang valve cover lang. Pero best bring a mechanic along for the second viewing, to be sure.
    +1...

mods, paki-merge nalang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Bossing, PM mo any of the mods to merge all your threads para mas organized.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    magkano to? bkti parnag hindi good condition?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    magkano to? bkti parnag hindi good condition?
    pre actually yun lang yung nakita ko na fault nung tsikot, yung engine bay na medyo marumi.other things are usual at that age i guess.a really small dent on the passenger side door.

*mods
    sorry for the multiple threads.during posting, i was prompted to attach only 5 photos.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it looks pretty clean for an 8 year old.

If there is no problem with the engine or any of the ancilliaries (alternator, clutch, brakes, etcetera), it should be okay.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ask for a good discount... if the valve cover leaks then you should check also underside of the engine as it's common with the VQ engines to develop leaks as they age... nothing serious but the engine would require being brought down for gaskets and stuff to be replaced (change the water pump as well while you're at it to save on the labor on the engine being brought down).

Merged: 1997 nissan cefiro oil leak