New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'm using a nissan 93 sentra w/ B13 engine, just wondering how much ang change engine to let's say an eccs or b14? San may magaling gumawa nito? Ty

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    up for my query

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Which engine to which engine? If you already have an EFI 1.6, don't bother. They're mostly the same. The only different 1.6 in the range is the VTC equipped one on e Exalta. We had a B13 ECCS, a B14 Super Saloon and an Exalta... And let me tell you... Not worth swapping engines between them.

If you have a 1.3 LEC engine, then, yes, you can swap. Just get the 1.6 from the ECCS to simplify wiring. Should cost you less than 50k... You can probably get an engine and harness for 15k or so... But it's been a long time since I bought an engine. You might also have to buy a new fuel pump and tank float assembly...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yes from lec to eccs. Is it 50k if I swap my b13 lec engine? Where can I have this transplant done? Any reputable shop that sells and does this?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't know curRently who does this. That's just my estimate... Say 15k for motor and ECU, 15k labor (labor similar to engine overhaul), then incidentals... Fuel pump, brakes (ECU wired for ABS), could be more, could be just 30k. IMHO, not really worth it. You can sell the LEC and get an ECCS in similar condition for the same price as you sell the LEC for.

And the ECCS will have all the other bells and whistles, already. Then you can just spend the swap money on fixing it up, painting it or whatever.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    if you were to change the engine of your car for the sake of performance, i would suggest changing from stock engine to sr20de, sr20det or sr20ve.. fuel efficient yet very powerful engine.. it will give you much power when you need it.. it will fit your 50k budget if you were to trade your present engine.. it is worth the expenditure sir, you can optimize the expenses.. dude, my b13 is equipped with sr20de..

magkano change engine