New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Forbes magazine has listed the nissan sentra and toyota corolla as two of the least safe car for 2006. Plese see

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ar/P135061.asp

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even the least safe cars in the USDM are still safer than some local offerings.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmmm...interesting...

i hope my friend won't be testing the safety capabilities of her altis anytime.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kasama din Mazda6 and Hyundai Elantra.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hyundai Elantra - old design, not surprised, no side airbags, I suppose.

Nissan Sentra - old body. The US Sentra is still on the B15 chassis, which isn't even as stiff as the N16 we get. Both are too old though, and can't compare with cars like the new Mazda 3 or the Civic.

Kia Optima - old design, again.

Suzuki Forenza - [size=4]Chevrolet Optra[/size], rebadged for the US. And this is supposed to be a new car/platform... another reason not to get one.

Mazda6 - the oldest of the new Mazdas. Surprising results... would be interesting to know why... ???

Toyota Corolla - What???

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Nissan Sentra - old body. The US Sentra is still on the B15 chassis, which isn't even as stiff as the N16 we get.
    The 2005/06 USDM Sentra is based on the recently discontinued B15 JDM Sunny.

The B-cars are usually the standard models, while the N-cars are usually the sportier, more stylish models like the Almera, Bluebird Sylphy and Pulsar.
    Both parallel models use a common platform and share the same basic dimensions.

The USDM B15 Sentra is based on the B15 Sunny but has the same dashboard as the N16 ASEAN/RP Sentra...
    Last edited by AG4; February 14th, 2006 at 03:56 AM.

Least Safe Car 2006 - Toyota Corolla and Nissan Sentra