New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    My 1999 cefiro's [SIZE=3]keyless remote is not working[/SIZE]. I changed the battery of the remote and checked the fuse but it is still not working. The alarm itself is working when I locked the door and opened the hood. The alarm chirped and is still working properly. My main problem is the keyless remote is not working. Can anyone help me???

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by em0603 View Post
    My 1999 cefiro's [SIZE=3]keyless remote is not working[/SIZE]. I changed the battery of the remote and checked the fuse but it is still not working. The alarm itself is working when I locked the door and opened the hood. The alarm chirped and is still working properly. My main problem is the keyless remote is not working. Can anyone help me???
    are you saying that all the doors did not unlock? try opening the other doors if they indeed unlocked after you pressed "unlock". if only the driver's door is locked after you triggered the remote then it could be an "actuator" problem that can easily be replaced.

or is it the actual remote control that seems to be acting up? when this happens i usually look for the spare remote control. if it still doesnt work, i replace the entire remote control system with a new one. there are "after market" models that are just as good as the original.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the spare doesn't work,

you might need to have your key reprogrammed.

keyless entry....