New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Look at the almera, it is not the greatest looking but priced competitevely against vios and still, di sya gaano mabili.

The juke's looks is not for everyone and unfortunately, parang magiging flop (wag naman sana) ito if matched against the sportier ecosport.

What nissan needs to bring is a low cost car (micra or anything else) na kaya tumapat sa mga entry level (mirage, wigo, swift, to name a few). That way, mas dadami ang nissan owners ulit and hopefully maisalba nila ang image nila dito sa pinas.
    Brands that are considered tier2 cannot just be 'priced competitively' against the incumbents and expect to sell.

They have to be significantly cheaper AND offer a similar package. That is the value of the incumbent brand and that's how much cheaper the challengers need to price their offerings.

Example:
    Back in 2010-2011, the Tucson 2.0GLS cost 1.15M and matched the cheapest CRV 2.0 AT's spec sheet (AFAIK the CRV was expensive because it came from Japan instead of Thailand), which cost 1.35M.

The Tucson sold like hotcakes and nilangaw yung mga CRV sa lot. In fact, nilangaw yung mga Japan CRV to the point wherein they had so much stock that these had to be offered at a discount to make way for the cheaper and better specced Thai made CRVs.

This was the time where Accents sold as much or sold more than the Vios, the Elantras sold more than the Civic FDs, and the Starexes sold more than the HiAces all due to their pricing.

Fast forward to 2015, the Tucson 2.0GLS costs 1.288M vs the CRV 2.0 AT's 1.368M. Even with the 80K discount, yung Tucson na yung nilalangaw ngayon.
    Last edited by mda; August 24th, 2015 at 08:55 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Look at the almera, it is not the greatest looking but priced competitevely against vios and still, di sya gaano mabili.

The juke's looks is not for everyone and unfortunately, parang magiging flop (wag naman sana) ito if matched against the sportier ecosport.

What nissan needs to bring is a low cost car (micra or anything else) na kaya tumapat sa mga entry level (mirage, wigo, swift, to name a few). That way, mas dadami ang nissan owners ulit and hopefully maisalba nila ang image nila dito sa pinas.
    Nice example. And considering di naman pangit ang almera. It's just that it's a boring looking car. Unlike dito sa juke na pangit talaga para sa karamihan

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Nice example. And considering di naman pangit ang almera. It's just that it's a boring looking car. Unlike dito sa juke na pangit talaga para sa karamihan
    Panget Almera on the inside for its price and nothing special kaya di cia mabili. the Juke when it gets shipped here is hopefully the latest iteration ng model and price sub1M nga. if so, I'd get this in a heartbeat over the ecosport. Unique look inside and out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Panget Almera on the inside for its price and nothing special kaya di cia mabili. the Juke when it gets shipped here is hopefully the latest iteration ng model and price sub1M nga. if so, I'd get this in a heartbeat over the ecosport. Unique look inside and out.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    panget. wag na nila dalhin yan dito. it is a tie in-between the juke and the pontiac aztek as the ugliest modern cars ever.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

E di wala pa ring worthy competition si Ecosport...

Tuloy pa rin ang ligaya ni Ford....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.3K _/_/_/_/_/:soda:_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Brands that are considered tier2 cannot just be 'priced competitively' against the incumbents and expect to sell.

They have to be significantly cheaper AND offer a similar package. That is the value of the incumbent brand and that's how much cheaper the challengers need to price their offerings.

Example:
    Back in 2010-2011, the Tucson 2.0GLS cost 1.15M and matched the cheapest CRV 2.0 AT's spec sheet (AFAIK the CRV was expensive because it came from Japan instead of Thailand), which cost 1.35M.

The Tucson sold like hotcakes and nilangaw yung mga CRV sa lot. In fact, nilangaw yung mga Japan CRV to the point wherein they had so much stock that these had to be offered at a discount to make way for the cheaper and better specced Thai made CRVs.

This was the time where Accents sold as much or sold more than the Vios, the Elantras sold more than the Civic FDs, and the Starexes sold more than the HiAces all due to their pricing.

Fast forward to 2015, the Tucson 2.0GLS costs 1.288M vs the CRV 2.0 AT's 1.368M. Even with the 80K discount, yung Tucson na yung nilalangaw ngayon.

That is similar to what I was telling our good friend, who is currently the GM of at least 3 dealers of Hyundai here in the south....

For as long as Hyundai keeps their pricing at level if not higher than the other brands,- I'd be buying Japanese, even considering American....

I can only speak for myself,- but I have no brand loyalty. Just what's out there with excellent value for money offering.

Our honeymoon with Hyundai is past its sweet spot, mainly because of their pricing strategy.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That is similar to what I was telling our good friend, who is currently the GM of at least 3 dealers of Hyundai here in the south....

For as long as Hyundai keeps their pricing at level if not higher than the other brands,- I'd be buying Japanese, even considering American....

I can only speak for myself,- but I have no brand loyalty. Just what's out there with excellent value for money offering.

Our honeymoon with Hyundai is past its sweet spot, mainly because of their pricing strategy.

Oonga e. Nagmumukha tuloy akong Hyundai basher. :D

They (now) make cars that are good. But HARI is re-killing the brand here.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I might buy this kung single ako, I like the quirky design.

Pero sa ngayon mahirap na. Kia Soul design nga di nagustuhan ni misis, pano pa tong Juke.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Nissan's marketing years back is what caused all these bruhahaha with their sales and reputation lagging behind. It's not their models nor their technology. Nissan has a really good model lineup in countries with a more competitive auto market, like the US. Even Honda with Acura could not match up with the different models Nissan with Infiniti has to offer. Yulon failed miserably here in the Philippines and they brought down the Nissan brand name.

The Juke has various trims in the US and their TOTL model is the AWD version with a turbo-four engine rated at 180hp (not to mention the crazy Nismo models they cook up with twin turbo V6 rated at more than 500hp). I really don't see the Ecosport as anything sportier over the Juke or the Trax or the CX-3 or the HRV.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    I might buy this kung single ako, I like the quirky design.

Pero sa ngayon mahirap na. Kia Soul design nga di nagustuhan ni misis, pano pa tong Juke.
    The wife is looking for something tall but small. Ayaw nya itsura ng Soul pero si Juke mukhang patok sa kanya
    Last edited by JohnM; August 25th, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast