New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i just got a new GU safari its just a few weeks old haven't finished with the break in period yet

but there are just a few minor things bugging me...

is it ok for a bnew car purchased march this year to be produced may last year? nakita ko sa production sticker nya and sa mga sulat underneath the bumper , under body parts etc

i just found out last night that the cars battery warranty started also may last year as per inspecting its label ... (what do i do in case the battery conks out on me in less than a year of use lets say ...i got the unit march this year and the battery conks out by august?)

when i picked up the unit hindi ko napansin na daming hairline scrathes on the hood because it was 12noon and on direct sunlight or perhaps i was overwhelmed...
    im quite sure this was just to poor detailing and nothing pro. detailer coulnt fix
    daan po kasi ito ng orbital buffer.

what are your thoughts about this? regarding the scratches i already called their general managers attention and the assured me that the will detail the unit on my first 1k check up

lastly how do i maintain a damn black car pati yung metal portion sa ilalim ng handle pag nagbubukas ako ng pinto puro hairline scratches na rin

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow papa sheep naka safari ka na! pasakay naman dyan. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO, regarding the battery, they should have put a real brand new one... a different used for display and test drives. para walang question about the warranty, you can inform them on on your 1st PMS para aware sila in case bumigay before the warranty.

hairline scratches? as long as they will stick to their words to polish it on your 1st PMS well no prob either.

maintaining a black? stay away from dust first to have on hand: CCD, next different wash mitts and bucket as well for washing (one for windows, another for side panel and another one for the roor and lower panel) MF and terry towel for drying....

nice chosen color, bagay na bagay sa super safari... congrats sheep

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think's its possible na may last year pa nga yan kasi konti lang naman bumibili ng safari ngaun.

a lot of people nowadays know na naman mabigat at masikip i-drive sa manila

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the late date is a bit normal.

the battery, you have to verify with them kung kanino ike-claim ang warranty in case it konks within the warranty period.

the door handle scratches common talaga yan at pansinin sa black color,..... solution... you might want to have it detailed muna rin then dikitan mo ng "plastic" lens protector common sa PDA and laptop screens... just cut it out to the right shape and stick it there.

nice color and congrats!!!

i need your opinions