The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    agree with russ.

or the L300 Exceed SWB orig LHD with 2.5 diesel engine

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    we had one before, yung 98 version. Ok naman siya yun ngalang as everyone had mentioned, malakas nga talaga sa gas. Medyo matulin naman din kahit konti yun ngalang hirap sa pag akyat papuntang baguio, pero fully loaded naman kasi nun siguro kung mga 6 o 7 tao lang sakay mo kaya yun. Tsaka isa pang ayaw ko dito is di comfortable yung mg upuan sa likod, pero kung mga bata naman okay lang siguro. Siguro if i were the one buying, i'd buy the vanette over the grace anytime despite the cons that Ive mentioned.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    high speed ata talaga ang vanette...mabagal pag paahon..pero hataw sa patag...

well, anyways, the one that will decide is still the buyer...hehehe, but sa taas ng gas ngayon, I'll definitely go for diesel vans...

I agree with russ..mura talaga pyesa ng grace, eh...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Had an older version Vanette, puro problema. Just double check everything kasi medyo mahal ang parts nyan kung available. It is already an orphaned model.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Grand Coach solved na ang overheating problems, AFAIK.

Just take out row 3 and you have a comfortable 7-passenger van.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yung Grand Coach solved na ang overheating problems, AFAIK.

Just take out row 3 and you have a comfortable 7-passenger van.
    Tama yon. Our aunt had the older version (the single-color one) and it overheated a lot, until her driver had the cooling system modified. Our Grand Coach served us quite a while with no major problems, just very minor trim issues (sticking gas door cable, replaced under warranty).

It's got a great aircon, exceptional second row swivelling captain's chairs and a drinks cooler between the driver and front passenger that can take up to six softdrink cans... and NO, you won't get hardboiled eggs from sitting on top of the engine, as the insulation is very good (heck, the only car that's done that to me so far is the L300... most gas vans don't have this problem.)

Ride is decent, power is good on straights, but, as mentioned, not so good for climbing (carburated 2.0 lang kasi). Space in the benches is really tight because Nissan insisted on installing two benches behind the second row. Just remove one or the other, like OTEP says, and you have decent space for seven.

Might want to spec up for LPG... it's kinda a gas guzzler. Not exactly sure how bad, but our Mazda 626 was somewhat better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    1st gasoline engine yan. 2nd overheat problems yan. may 1 unit ako 94 model owrth 625t, 18 months after na benta ko 395t lang. anu model ba sa yo? parang mahal yata. think twice

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's the Grand Coach. It has a different cooling system from the earlier Vanettes, which were really prone to overheating.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for your posts guys. i appreciate all your inputs

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    IMO:

You cannot expect exemplary fuel consumption from vans, as they will always be in the vicinity of 6Km/L to 8Km/L (city to highway driving)

I own a 98 Nissan Vanette(got it brand new) and I sure am one happy camper. The fuel consumption is 6Km/L city driving, improving to about 7Km/L on highway driving but this is just the same as the diesel consumption of our (almost 2 year old) Hyundai Starex TCI. Of course, the diesel is cheaper by approximately 15% vs. gasoline.

Overheating is not a problem anymore. I engaged one of the aircon shops to reposition one of the condensers and placed an additional auxilliary fan on it.

Others:
    > Ride is bumpy
    > Very sturdy and reliable (haven't replaced a part outside of PMI in 6 years)
    > Aircon is so cool.
    > Great seating capacity
    > Even if the engine is underneath the driver and the front seat passenger, the seats are not 'hot', as what the others have stated or perceived.

:starwars:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I need comments on Nissan Vanette!