New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    *GH, 219kph?! minsan pa ride naman sa tsikot mo! pero renew ko muna life insurance ko! hehe!
    It was uneventful... just the engine noise drowning out the music being played out by my HU. No vibrations from the car. Steering is arrow straight and very responsive even at that speed.

For now, 219kph is the VMax for my project sentra unless I can reduce the air drag significantly or add more power (nitrous or turbo). But since I have no plans for those mods (yet), that will be it's VMax.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 26th, 2009 at 06:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Actually, the horsepower ratings about engines are just "for the papers". Don't understimate the CA20s. My other car is a Maxima. Nuong hindi pa mahigpit sa NLEX, I pushed it to 180kph with AC on, at may ibubuga pa. Sometimes, I like to race it against newer 2.0L models... sa streets and highways. And this old skul can still beat lots of them out there. Ang masasabi ko lang ay "it's all about who's driving..."

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Actually, the horsepower ratings about engines are just "for the papers". Don't understimate the CA20s. My other car is a Maxima. Nuong hindi pa mahigpit sa NLEX, I pushed it to 180kph with AC on, at may ibubuga pa. Sometimes, I like to race it against newer 2.0L models... sa streets and highways. And this old skul can still beat lots of them out there. Ang masasabi ko lang ay "it's all about who's driving..."

Tama ka dyan bro. I totally agree with you! I have a 2005 Altis 1.6G and a brand new Vios 1.3E (wala pang plate #) beat me along Maharlika Hiway. I couldn't match it's acceleration. Di hamak na mas malakas ang makina ng Altis (no-brainer). I was alone in the car and the Vios has only the driver too.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    It's not all about the top speed... its how fast do you get to your top speed. A small engine can reach high speeds but it would probably a calendar to measure it's time to reach that speed as compared to a minute or so for moderately more powerful cars.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    kung may makina ka nga na SR20de pero mahina naman loob mo naka pati minica oovertake sayo,....

its really the driver, look at schumi undefeated...

question, how come may dragging akong nararamdaman sa sentra ko when i reach the 140kmh? di ko tuloy na hataw nangingig sa may paanan. kaka pa wheel balance ko naman, kasi last time 120kmh lang lakas ng alog. sa gulong na kaya to?

well, the topic is "how fast" hehehe...

180 on a maxima... tagal nun maabot, 160 nga nakakainip.. pero sa 3.0 brougham, saglit lang ang 160.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    kung may makina ka nga na SR20de pero mahina naman loob mo naka pati minica oovertake sayo,....

its really the driver, look at schumi undefeated...

question, how come may dragging akong nararamdaman sa sentra ko when i reach the 140kmh? di ko tuloy na hataw nangingig sa may paanan. kaka pa wheel balance ko naman, kasi last time 120kmh lang lakas ng alog. sa gulong na kaya to?
    Oppps sorry OT.. paki sagot na din hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh yeah? Well my SR20DE Sentra could hit 180 km/h in just eight seconds.

Mismatch kasi yung speed sensor...

Fastest I've ever been in a Sentra is around 190 km/h, about the max for the 1.6 (the SR20 I had had the Japanese 180 km/h limiter).

My Lynx does 225-230 km/h (as per GH's speedometer, since I didn't have the V-Box on at the time and my speedo pegs at 220 km/h while I was overtaking him... ). Too bad it's porky as hell... at low speeds, GH's SR20 makes my car look like a slug.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    iba na talaga modern cars w/ modern engines.. aking maxima 160 lang, 2.0pa..
    i'm a newbie in tsikot, and this is my first comment

my humble sentra lec ps '93 went as fast as 135kph, NLEX, using V-power

i'm also happy to share that fuel consumption improved from 6km/l to 8.2km/l. i did no adjustment or modification. just repaired all leaks, and replaced parts that are due for replacement. of course, regular change-oil and tune-up are very important as well

my friends are telling me to buy a new one. but it still serves its purpose: bring me from point A to point B with peace of mind, and reasonable fuel consumption

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    me yung nissan b14 ko. kaya nya ng 170 km * star tollway.. ex saloon lang yung kaya yun pa lang napaabot ko.. tnx

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
How Fast is your SENTRA?