New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ngayon ko lang naisip tanongin to...how do you improve brake performace sa Nissan Pickups?...or sa lahat ng pickups for that matter e halos lahat ata ang hina..parang wala! :lol:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For nissans, i suggest that you get a hydrovac From the Patrol Safari. This has been done to several Terranos to address the weak brake problem. This requires only minimal modifications, results are guaranteed as this was successfully done by Univille.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    do you have an idea kung how much kaya yun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isama ko na din Strada. :D Paano nga po improve ang brake system to shorten the stopping distance? Thanks. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Early rear lock-up is usually the problem. Lagyan kaya ng pabigat sa likod? hehehe. Might work.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can't these pick-ups and suvs be modified with a rear ventilated disc brakes?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A ventilated disc conversion is a good option....machine shop conversion lang yata ang available.

Others things that I have read (from TUNFS forum) are:

1) to replace the current brake hose (OEM is rubber) with steel braided ones. Pagpress mo kasi ng preno the pressure also press the side walls nito thereby loosing some pressure on that. Pag steel braided ones nakokontrol ang pressure lost due to this.

2) change your break pads and shoes to high-performance type (auto_xer should have one available)....yung ginagamit sa formula 1 are the best pero napakamahal and mabilis maubos/mapudpud.

3) check your tires and tire pressure....may design ng tires that don't stop well on paveroads due to lesser surface contact (like those MTs and some ATs).

4) early lock-up....try converting or adding an ABS system sa brake setup mo (expensive option but good).

IMHO, changing the hydrovac is my last option...(i think it is unnecessary if you try the above options).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A disc brake conversion will usually end up with worse braking performance. Mahirap mag-tune ng brake system. Doon sa mga import drag racing magazines ko minsan mas humahaba pa yung braking distance after they buy the expensive brake conversions. Problems with brake balance, etc.

Dapat talaga magaling ang pagkakagawa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're on a budget, i'd suggest you start with changing your front brake pads. Bendix Metal Kings are a good value for money pads since they perform better then OEM and cost less then 1K a set. The Nissanbayan peeps use this pads on the track and are quite satisfied with them. This is also what i plan to do with my pickup as soon as i wear out my stockers a little more.

Being a pick-up owner (Frontier), i also noticed my brake problems to be the rears locking up prematurely, especially when the roads are wet. The front rotors are also quite small (they're just as big as my rim center).

Changing to wider, highway terrain tires also helped. Keep you tire pressure in check as well always. Also, make use of engine braking. Since the pick-ups have torquey engines, engine braking helps a lot during those hard stops and emergency situations.

Iv'e been wondering if the Safari brake system (front and rear discs, etc) will fit on a Frontier.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try nyo muna yung hydrovac. Hindi ako mapapahiya sa inyo :D it costs around 4000 (surplus) if you can find one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how do you improve brakes on Nissan pickups?