New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Question: Is converting to LPG worth it for a '94 Nissan LEC?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello there. I think we have the same problem. I drive a '94 Nissan Sentra LEC. Recently, I had to replace my distributor since the car would not start. When it was replaced, had to see a mechanic again since the car's performance is sluggish. According to him, kapag pinalitan ang distributor, kailangan din syang i-tono. The performance became excellent (better than before) but I started emitting thick white smoke (para syang usok ng dalawang tricyle). That's when my fuel consumption started to increase. Before, I can log in around 10km to a liter. It became something like 5 or 6. I was advise by the mechanic for an engine overhaul and at the same time, replacement of the timing chain. The smoke is now gone, but my fuel consumption is some what the same. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_Logan View Post
    Question: Is converting to LPG worth it for a '94 Nissan LEC?
    Depends on how much you drive (average per month??) and how long you will plan to keep the car.

Also is there an Auto-LPG station nearby your work/home?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I recently started using a B13 1.4L as an extra car. At first we would get a dismal 7km/L in city driving. We overhauled the carb, tuned-up the engine (change plugs, adjusted the timing and idling). We now do 10km/L mixed with a driving style of driving with a light foot, having the A/C set at half and shifting as early as possible without "stressing" the engine.

Also pondering on doing a carb LPG swap (was quoted around 16K i think) but it still depends on whether we decide to use this car more often or not.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I recently started using a B13 1.4L as an extra car. At first we would get a dismal 7km/L in city driving. We overhauled the carb, tuned-up the engine (change plugs, adjusted the timing and idling). We now do 10km/L mixed with a driving style of driving with a light foot, having the A/C set at half and shifting as early as possible without "stressing" the engine.

Also pondering on doing a carb LPG swap (was quoted around 16K i think) but it still depends on whether we decide to use this car more often or not.

You might end up using the B13 more often if you have it running on Auto-LPG because fuel costs will become cheaper.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You might end up using the B13 more often if you have it running on Auto-LPG because fuel costs will become cheaper.
    True, however my daily drive (Altis) is also on LPG.

I've been using the B13 for coding, palengke, and foul weather (i-just-washed-and-waxed-my-other-ride-and-don't-want-it-to-get-wet) duties. If we do continue to fix it up (just love the tons of surplus goodies available for this car) and my brother decides to make it his daily drive then we might do that (and keep his 6 cylinder ride as a weekend car).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i have a nissan sentra,before malakas sa gas pero pnatune ko tumipd sya try to change gas filter and oil check for leaks.change jettings and valve,adjust timing and change spark plugs.tignan ko kung hindi magbago yan.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    hello everyone. this is my first time to post here in tsikot although i'm a regular visitor and must say that i've learned quite a handful from the discussions. just recently, i bought a 2nd hand '97 nissan lec and would just like to know if an 8 to 10 km/l fuel mileage on highway driving is really normal for such a car? thanks...

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Talagang malakas sa gas ung sentra lec, yan din ride ko ngayon, nag 7.5km/liter lang ako sa edsa heavy traffic, light acceleration & early shifting pa ako , 9 to 10km sa highway driving at 80 to 90km/hr speed ko. todo nga lang lagi thermostat ng aircon ko. pinapalitan ko pa nga ng 95 main jet ko at niliitan pa ng konti ung nasa plunger jet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try doing this mod:

DIY: Fuel Economy Gauge
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75735

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast