New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mine is 99 ex saloon, a/t. problem is quite high FC. my guess is 8km/l along slex. somebody said to have the throttle body and the MAF cleaned. is this the right thing to do? if it is, where i can have this done. im now in calamba, laguna. i will drive to NCR area if there somebody whom anybody here trusted to do this job for me. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most any garage can do it, or you can do it at home. You simply have to unscrew the MAF v.e.r.y. c.a.r.e.f.u.l.l.y from the intake and spray it with some electrical contact cleaner. The throttle can be cleaned with throttle/carb cleaner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i think it is only reserved to those who have knowledge in this thing. maybe i have to bring the car to a shop that can do it, unless i can find a guide on how to do it. thanks so much.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    MAF, there are guides online, it's easy to do.

IACV and throttle body... too easy to damage the TB gasket... though you can simply remove the IACV and spray carb cleaner into the throttle body while working it around. Still, best is removing the whole thing and working it over... better to have someone else do it for you if you're not handy with tools.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i still havent brought my car to the trusted shop, got busy for the last weeks. hope somebody here recommend a shop to do the job. TIA

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Try S.S Banawe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    mine is 99 ex saloon, a/t. problem is quite high FC. my guess is 8km/l along slex. somebody said to have the throttle body and the MAF cleaned. is this the right thing to do? if it is, where i can have this done. im now in calamba, laguna. i will drive to NCR area if there somebody whom anybody here trusted to do this job for me. TIA.
    Try to get the exact FC first and not base it on a guesstimate. We had a 1.4L a/t EX before and it really can be a guzzler on the highway due to the engine having to work hard to keep speed, especially with passengers on board.

high FC - ex salon 99, a/t