New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I have 1997 Terrano (gas) and my radiator forces water into the water reservoir instead of getting water from it especially when in high speed. Water reservoir also smells of gas. Any info?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, umiikot lang naman ang water into the reservoir to the radiator and back. circulation ang tawag dun. that is also one of the functions of the water pump. so i guess normal lang yan.

yung reservoir smells of gas, i really do not know. it should not be the case. have you tried draining and washing the reservoir, filling it back and smelling it again? baka kasi ganun lang, pero wala namang gas sa loob.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    You have head gaskets out on the engine, you need to take it to a mechanic and explain what is going on and then he will quote you a price to get it fixed, make sure you go to a reliable mechanic that you trust. The reason you are smelling gas in the coolant is that the coolant is getting in areas of the engine it is not supposed to go to and mixing with the fuel. If you look at your tailpipes you should see coolant coming out of there and that is the number one way to tell that your head gaskets are out.
    The possible problem are bad gaskets/seals near your injectors.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    You have head gaskets out on the engine, you need to take it to a mechanic and explain what is going on and then he will quote you a price to get it fixed, make sure you go to a reliable mechanic that you trust. The reason you are smelling gas in the coolant is that the coolant is getting in areas of the engine it is not supposed to go to and mixing with the fuel. If you look at your tailpipes you should see coolant coming out of there and that is the number one way to tell that your head gaskets are out.
    The possible problem are bad gaskets/seals near your injectors.
    ano po possible na magiging problema kung nag mix or something water mix from the injector, may mga parts or components po ba na masisira?ano ano po mga yun? thanks po sa reply in advance.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robin rabena View Post
    ano po possible na magiging problema kung nag mix or something water mix from the injector, may mga parts or components po ba na masisira?ano ano po mga yun? thanks po sa reply in advance.
    Any deposits disrupt the normal injector spray pattern, which interferes with fuel atomization and mixing. This results in a lean fuel mixture that may cause the engine to misfire, idle poorly, and hesitate or even stall when accelerating.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Agree ako kay V6dreamer.
    Malaking possibility na head gasket. Hope its not a warped cylinder head.
    Nagoverheat ka ba?

Gas odor in water reservoir/ Help!