New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My kumpare is gonna migrate to the U.S. and is scheduled to leave in June. He's selling his 1999 Cefiro to me. I test drove the car and it seems okay although I felt that the suspension was a tid bit too soft for my kind of driving and that it hesitantes a little bit in accelearation (it has an auto tranny). These two comments can be remedied though.

Any other feedback from you guys will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, the best 2.0L sedan available here. none other.

the best asset of this car has to be the engine. enough to power a big car like that. very smooth, even when compared to larger engines of european luxury models.

another thing remarkable would be its high speed stability. the car would be actually running at 140 kph, but feels more like it's running at 80 kph.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    had that car before. I have to agree with every detail papa tots has stated. top speed ko dun is 190 and i feel like it has more to give pa. mine was a m/t though. NEVER nasiraan. that's the best asset!

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Back when i was working for Nissan Car Lease, we had a fleet of about 150 cefiro's, and these cars never showed up at the motorpool except for routine maintenance and the occasional accident. IMHO... Buy it!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it's a great car to have.
    underated and a bit underpowered (IMO).
    it has a very capable chassis making it fun to toss around (although a bit big for our our roads).

engine swap? do the letters SRDETT ring a bell? :twisted:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO its a bit too Luxurious for my taste pro its a well balanced car and can take some high spirited driving and can also tackle the corners quite a bit...but just make sure that it was really taken cared of..coz it might cause big headaches in the long run....yup i agree with Sir M DO THE LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SRDETT!!! :twisted::twisted:and one more thing if you like HIGH SPIRITED DRIVING better get a manual or if its an auto maybe a semi-auto???:wink::roll:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our late-99 Cefiro Elite already has 57K on the odo, so far what we've changed we're the shocks, some bushings, tie-rod ends, one suspension arm (ball joint), and the rack ends... Aside from that, nothing else. We've repainted the car, added 16inch rims (17's or 18's fit well even with big tires), and a Brougham grille and the car looks pretty good...

It's a very stable and comfy on the highways, even at speeds over 160kph although the suspension is more on the softer side. The air-intake box is pretty restrictive, it's probably one reason why the performance feels a bit strained at high-RPMs and speeds over 170kph (for the matic version, the manual reaches over 200kph with more ease).

My overall verdict for the car is that its a good purchase for a 2.0L sedan... it a good car whether you're the driver or passenger.

I posted an extended reply on your query in Nissanbayan: http://www.nissanbayan.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1238532&s=6fc1e c9e9c876de454e40e6ca78a5b80

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    THANKS GUYS!!! The SRDETT engine does ring a bell, hehehe! but, prbably not... it will be basically a family car coz I sequestered the e36 bmw of my wife hehehe!

thanks vinj! hope to see you in the bank soon! :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    mga sir..
    me alam ba kayong nabibilan nang crome grill nang Cefiro? or any site? saka yung wing lip...? help naman jan mga tol..