The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    #6 and #19

Car Problem Trends | CarComplaints.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Hahaha... akala ko number 1... kaya pala -28% ang sale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    #6 and #19

Car Problem Trends | CarComplaints.com

I also thought the acceleration of our 2013 Rogue was pretty weak during the first few months I drove it. Compared to my 3.3 V6 Sonata, it is. But, I've since figured out (by feel) how much to modulate the gas pedal and when. Once I was used to it, the car felt peppy enough in city traffic. Even overtaking on 2-lane roads wasn't a problem. I have dashcam footage showing me overtaking cars with no obvious struggle. The 2013 Rogue was the last of the 1st-gen design (also the last Japanese-built Rogue here). 0-60 mph acceleration varied among reviewers, anywhere from 7.9 sec to +9 sec. I would guess it's the former once the driver got used to the car.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I also thought the acceleration of our 2013 Rogue was pretty weak during the first few months I drove it. Compared to my 3.3 V6 Sonata, it is. But, I've since figured out (by feel) how much to modulate the gas pedal and when. Once I was used to it, the car felt peppy enough in city traffic. Even overtaking on 2-lane roads wasn't a problem. I have dashcam footage showing me overtaking cars with no obvious struggle. The 2013 Rogue was the last of the 1st-gen design (also the last Japanese-built Rogue here). 0-60 mph acceleration varied among reviewers, anywhere from 7.9 sec to +9 sec. I would guess it's the former once the driver got used to the car.
    I mean, in the top 20 list of cars with complaints, sure Nissan is #6 and #19 with 2 models. But toyota has 3, honda has 5, Ford 3, Chevy has 3.

So.. Having just 2 cars in the top 20 list might seem shocking if you just talk about Nissan being part of the list, but if you look at the others in the list, you can get the bigger picture.

Besides, in our traffic, DCT is actually more problematic when you are stuck in bumper to bumper city driving. People who've driven Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus here in our roads that had DCT are well aware of the transmission shudder in slow traffic crawl. I'll take CVTs over DCTs in our traffic situation. DCTs are great for speeding in the highway, they are a blast to drive, especially in winding mountain roads. CVTs need time to adjust bursts in rpm, so it is not adviseable to rev the engines when you have CVT.

To each their own in this regard. =)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    overheating issues?
    SOLUTION: 2013 - 2018 Nissan Sentra CVT Overheating Problem - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Anti Nissan talaga :-) anyway to each his own. . . never owned a nissan though I liked the 1990s Altima and Exata. 2nd gen Cefiro looked really good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    CVT Transmission Issues. (Fail safe, Whining, Temps, & FIX!) - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums

Here is where I stand on the issue of CVTs before I bought the Sylphy. It's why I had decided servicing to be done by Nissan exclusively and not outside shop. Specially Nissan North Edsa, not Nissan Quezon Avenue cause I don't trust their service technicians not to swap parts and steal from the car.

For the Honda City 1.3 i-DSi that also has a CVT, I have it serviced in Honda every 3 years to have them check the transmission especially if it needs CVTF replacement, to avoid this issue.

Nissan North Edsa checked my CVT per my request in the 4th year of ownership. Honda's booklet (if memory serves me right) requires CVTF replacement every 80k only, and that is what caused the CVT issues in the Honda City, because of our traffic conditions. It was later found to need earlier intervals if you are in bumper to bumper traffic. 80k is mainly for smooth flowing traffic, not constant jerking to a halt.

To check CVTF, they use a refractor to see if there are debris. I rely on Honda CVTF for the City and Nissan CVTF for the Sylphy when they are replaced.

After Honda changed my CVTF for the City, the jerking issue disappeared completely for the City. I was lucky to have been able to spot the issue early. I wasn't like the other owners who were having difficulty with their transmissions that wouldn't even shift down to first gear when in manual mode. It's one of the tests the Honda advices to check CVT condition for the Honda City. I don't know how they do it now though.

Hope this helps any owners with CVT transmission, not just Sylphy owners. =)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    CVTs need time to adjust bursts in rpm, it is not adviseable to rev the engines when you have CVT.
    That echoes what I found out with the CVT in my wife's 2013 Rogue. It's almost like the way I search for the maximum power band at a given RPM range for my Sonata except, instead of a steady application of gas until I reach the top end of a certain RPM range, I'm letting off slightly (and then applying gas) at certain intervals. They correspond to the bursts.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 19th, 2018 at 10:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    That echoes what I found out with the CVT in my wife's 2013 Rogue. It's almost like the way I search for the maximum power band at a given RPM range for my Sonata except, instead of a steady application of gas until I reach the top end of a certain RPM range, I'm letting off slightly (and then applying gas) at certain intervals. They correspond to the bursts.
    I feel like I'm used to it since I have used a CVT before, though Nissan's CVT still has some quirks that Honda's didn't. I am not rev happy with the Sylphy but I do overtake. I do find the CVT is not very happy if you just floor it and rev it to 3000rpm or higher from idle/slow crawl.

The sweet spot for the 1.6 Sylphy I've found is just sticking to a range between 1500 to 2000rpm when you are coming from idle. Any more than that just burns and waste your fuel until the time the transmission is able to bite and adjust accordingly. But, say you are in motion, it's easier to accelerate and overtake, making the transmission kick down for the higher revs.

Based on what is written (heat being the main culprit to cause improperly serviced/unserviced CVT to fail), then the most likely place here in the Philippines for it to happen is in Tuguegarao where it can go over 40 Celsius, or when you are going on long trips that go up through mountain roads so the transmission can heat up just due to use, especially if you tend to use L a lot to climb up or use engine braking (Something I tend to do on regular AT when there is a manual override mode).

Oh, for the Ford Focus with DCT, it's manual mode was a blessing to stop the transmission shuddering in a slow crawl traffic situation because I could force hold the gear on first. But for the Fiesta, it didn't have the manual override mode, so it shuddered and I couldn't prevent it from happening.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Drain and fill ba procedure ng cvt fluid change ng honda and nissan? both have around 4liter..

anyways subaru and toyota have way more cvtfluid sa drain and fill procedures nila. 10-14.5Liters. They last longer for sure.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Drain and fill ba procedure ng cvt fluid change ng honda and nissan? both have around 4liter..

anyways subaru and toyota have way more cvtfluid sa drain and fill procedures nila. 10-14.5Liters. They last longer for sure.

If I'm not mistaken drain and fill lang. After refill, they change the filter and reset the CVT. That's why they use less liters of CVTF to replace.

Regarding Subaru and Toyota, I think they use the pressurized flushing of CVTF to "Completely replace" the CVTF which is why they use up more liters of CVTF to flush out the old CVTF. But, if you read through the link I posted, the technician/poster said that it sometimes causes more problems if the technician fails to correctly adjust the fill of CVTF and air mix, causing possible overfill or underfill (if I recall the mention there in the post).

I don't know about the CVTF dipstick issue as well (something about it needing to be changed to read the level inside correctly?) they mentioned for the 2013 model there though. But since I don't personally check the fluid of the CVT, I will leave the checking to Nissan NE =)

Brother owns a 2009 VVTI Altis only (not Dual VVTI or a CVT) so I don't know how Toyota handles it. I haven't been able to ask a Subaru owner about their experience with the CVT replacement done by Subaru too so I can't really comment on that end.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast