New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mga sir. owner po ako ngayon ng nissan sentra SS series 3 model 96. marami po kasi akong nababasa na ung ibang owners ay nag upgrade po sila ng engines ng tsikot nila into SR20. Tanong ko lang po sana sir if kasya po ba ung ganong engine sa tsikot ko and kung the same lang ba ang mounting? Mga magkano po kaya gagastusin and kung saan po ba pwede magpagawa? At anong engine variation ba ung pwedeng humamon sa civis Sir?hehe..
    magpapalit din po ba ako ng ECU nun sir?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by knightcrasher View Post
    Mga sir. owner po ako ngayon ng nissan sentra SS series 3 model 96. marami po kasi akong nababasa na ung ibang owners ay nag upgrade po sila ng engines ng tsikot nila into SR20. Tanong ko lang po sana sir if kasya po ba ung ganong engine sa tsikot ko and kung the same lang ba ang mounting? Mga magkano po kaya gagastusin and kung saan po ba pwede magpagawa? At anong engine variation ba ung pwedeng humamon sa civis Sir?hehe..
    magpapalit din po ba ako ng ECU nun sir?
    Any of the SR20DE types will outrun a Civic SiR. I had done it in my B14 equipped with an untuned SR20DE engine (140hp). And later you can have it tuned to over 170hp.

And yes, you will need to change ECU too.

The problem with a SR20 swap is getting the engine & tranny complete with axels. The next problem is making the speedo and tech work with the SR20DE. Speedometer is easy but getting the tach to work might be a bit more difficult. You might end up with an aftermarket tach to work properly.

Installing it, one of the engine mounts have to be "adjusted". Make sure it's properly aligned. If not, you will have problems later.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    can we just swap the engine sir GH and keep the existing tranny?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
    can we just swap the engine sir GH and keep the existing tranny?
    I think it will line up and bolt together but you might break the original/stock axels and you will definitely need to upgrade the brakes to either SE-R specs or ones from the Nissan Bluebird.

But using the existing tranny might result in a mismatch of gear ratios.

Not sure about the clutch...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks for the info. I've been reading about GA16 to SR20 engine swap and its says to change the axels and brakes to SE-R specs. Unfortunately its very difficult to find SE-R parts especially here in Cebu. Are there any other Nissan car axels and brakes that will fit into a B13 chasis?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've been reading about GA16 to SR20 engine swap and its says to change the axels and brakes to SE-R specs. Unfortunately its very difficult to find SE-R parts especially here in Cebu. Are there any other Nissan car axels and brakes that will fit into a B13 chasis?
    Brakes... Nissan U12 bluebird would fit and work.

You could also try looking for a B13 or B14 already swapped with a SR20 engine. That was my project car for a few years until I sold it to buy a Lancer EX.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by knightcrasher View Post
    At anong engine variation ba ung pwedeng humamon sa civis Sir?hehe..
    Mag SR16VE ka na lang... ka-level ng B16 ng Honda. Kaso, this is rarer than SR20. Mas madali nga lang i-maintain ang SR20 afaik.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Mag SR16VE ka na lang... ka-level ng B16 ng Honda. Kaso, this is rarer than SR20. Mas madali nga lang i-maintain ang SR20 afaik.

What is the point of suggesting a rare engine to a guy who already mentioned that he has a hard time finding even standard SR20DE engines & related parts?

And why spend more money on an engine with less power potential? A SR16VE might do near 160hp output but also has the puny low torque of the B16A honda engine. It has been proven time and time again that the common & standard SR20DE engine in a B13/B14 is more than enough to out-race a Civic with a B16A engine.

And that the SR20DE engine is easy to upgrade for even more reliable power is a bonus as long as the owner has the budget to have it done properly.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    What is the point of suggesting a rare engine to a guy who already mentioned that he has a hard time finding even standard SR20DE engines & related parts?

And why spend more money on an engine with less power potential? A SR16VE might do near 160hp output but also has the puny low torque of the B16A honda engine. It has been proven time and time again that the common & standard SR20DE engine in a B13/B14 is more than enough to out-race a Civic with a B16A engine.

And that the SR20DE engine is easy to upgrade for even more reliable power is a bonus as long as the owner has the budget to have it done properly.
    None, mr. know it all. *peace* i think some people here needs to learn r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

it's an answer to his question,,, MY answer. Palit na tayo, kung gusto mo yung sagot ko yung sagot mo.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Brakes... Nissan U12 bluebird would fit and work.

You could also try looking for a B13 or B14 already swapped with a SR20 engine. That was my project car for a few years until I sold it to buy a Lancer EX.
    thanks for the info sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
engine upgrade of SS series 3 from GA16DNE to SR20