New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Good afternoon sir's.

Would like to ask for your comments and feedback regarding this model of patrol, eto po yung may tank pa sa likod and flat pa yung roof.

My father is opting to buy this one which his friend is willing to sell it for 300k, replaced w/ surplus engine (6 cyclinder daw, but im not familiar w/ the engine code, pls advise), OME suspension (shocks and mwelye - dont know the spelling), new paint job, american racing wheels w/ mickey thompson tires and he's willing to buy new tires if we would buy it daw.

When he started the engine, it sounded so good - as far as i can hear, the only problem is that sobrang luma na ng interior which would actually need detailing and reupholstery.

I have already consulted my mechanic's opinion and he said the engine is CD16, pls confirm mga sir's.
    This car is easy to maintain and parts are easy to source din daw, almost same lang daw sa pajero. He also said that 300k is cheap given that the paint is new, engine replaced, good suspension etc.

note that I have yet to test drive the car, only started it for not more than 1 minute. the car will be sent to province.

Now, pls comment if parts are easy to source, maintenance, fuel consumption, power and the current market price of this one. and if you have other concern also pls extend.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    try to check Nissan Patrol Club of the Phil at 4x4ph. or you can PM mintoy, he owns one and also a member of the patrol club.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At P300K it better be in tip-top, nothing much to fix condition; You can already find the GQ Patrol Safari in that price range.

Just check the underchassis well for any rust or corrosion as that is one common problem with the old Nissan trucks (1995/96 below).

AFAIK, the Patrol MK engine is an SD33T. Parts for this Patrol model will not be as easy as getting parts for a Pajero which is much more common and shared its engine with many Mitsu models; however this Patrol can easily outrun and outgun and 4d56 powered Pajero and is very reliable as long as its owner maintained it properly.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Is this it ?

Well, as long as the car is in the greatest shape it can be, then the 300k isn't bad enough considering that it has a new paintjob, new engine and a new set of wheels if you're going to buy it.

Good choice for you to test drive it, but again, have your mechanic checked the overall state of the car then when he gives the go signal to it try to haggle the car into a much lower value.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Dream car ko to dati, wanted one sana, kaya lang bihira na rin sa used car market ang mga ganitong klaseng Patrol.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    * all, yes thats the model I am talking about.

also forgot to mention that he had it undercoated (dalawang patong) recenlty, new 3m tints. newly recplaced surplus computer box, alternator.

Yes, next saturday my mechanic and I will test drive it.

Anyway, whats the reasonable price for this truck?

more comments pls.

thanks a lot sir's

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Around 250k I guess ?

The pic the one I`ve posted is being sold at 190k. Not sure why's the price is that low....there might be some problems I think.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; October 11th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This model should sell for 200T to 250T. At 300T, it should be in excellent condition.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinkim View Post
    newly recplaced surplus computer box, alternator.
    I didn't know it has a computer box, unless maybe, the engine has been upgraded.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The SD33 has no ECU definitely. And as Nissan engine nomenclature goes, the numerics on the engine model pertain to the displacement size (i.e. SD33 = 3.3L) so you should do a second look to what engine its carrying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
early 1990's model nissan patrol