New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    good day po.. i have encountered a problem with my clutch yesterday.. while i was parking, i noticed that my reverse gear can no longer be released and my clutch pedal seemed to be very soft to step at.. i turned the engine off and opened the hood.. i noticed that the fluid in the reservoir was below the minimum level.. then i saw the transmission is having leak..

the leak comes from the encircled area with the green circle..
    what seems to be the problem and what will be the possible cheapest solution?
    thanks guys..

i don't own the picture, i just got it online..
    whoever owns it, my sincerest apologies..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by grayphoenix0524 View Post
    good day po.. i have encountered a problem with my clutch yesterday.. while i was parking, i noticed that my reverse gear can no longer be released and my clutch pedal seemed to be very soft to step at.. i turned the engine off and opened the hood.. i noticed that the fluid in the reservoir was below the minimum level.. then i saw the transmission is having leak..

the leak comes from the encircled area with the green circle..
    what seems to be the problem and what will be the possible cheapest solution?

thanks guys..

i don't own the picture, i just got it online..
    whoever owns it, my sincerest apologies..
    get a clutch slave cylinder repair kit and repair it if the cylinder bore still appears to be okay, if the bore is scored or pitted, get a replacement assembly

a replacement repair kit will cost you P200-300 while a replacement assembly runs at around P600+. I suggest just get a replacement assembly as a whole if you can't afford an original repair kit/assembly. (Original repair kit is more than P1500 while original assembly is....hay!)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    how about the price of the clutch release bearing, pressure plate, and clutch disc sir?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    a replacement repair kit will cost you P200-300 while a replacement assembly runs at around P600+. I suggest just get a replacement assembly as a whole if you can't afford an original repair kit/assembly. (Original repair kit is more than P1500 while original assembly is....hay!)
    *TS
    punta ka sa recto, benavidez, masangkay area... marami yan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    sir cost ng replacement parts, hindi naman magkakalayo, magtanong ka sa 2 stores, ok na yun. tama ka nga, habang nakababa na, silipin mo na rin ang parts na yun, lalo na kung di ka naman diy, at ibabayad mo rin lang ang trabaho. pero gaya ng sabi mo, ,di mo pa naman naibaba, repair kit or assy muna nung slave cyl bihin mo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NisToy View Post
    sir cost ng replacement parts, hindi naman magkakalayo, magtanong ka sa 2 stores, ok na yun. tama ka nga, habang nakababa na, silipin mo na rin ang parts na yun, lalo na kung di ka naman diy, at ibabayad mo rin lang ang trabaho. pero gaya ng sabi mo, ,di mo pa naman naibaba, repair kit or assy muna nung slave cyl bihin mo.
    thanks sir.. abot kamay naman sir kaya ako na lang muna gagawa.. hassle nga, wala magamit na sasakyan.. haha