New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good evening po mga Bossing!

Nissan Sentra '93 po ang kotse ko, GA16DE ang makina. Ask ko lang po kung anong engine oil ang ok sa kotse ko kapag nag-change oil po ako. Tinitingnan ko po yung Havoline SAE 10W40, knowing na palaging sa Caltex Techron ako palaging nagpapakarga ng Gold. Kumpara sa 20W40 ano po ba ang pagkakaiba nun sa 10W40? Ano po yung magbibigay ng mas magandang performance?

Marami pong salamat!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Based on my old toycar which is a b13 sentra same as yours the best oil to use for daily is the 10w30. Fuel consumption is good and better acceleration. Multigrade oil can be simply explain as the 10w is use during start up, the lower the count the better the oil can travel inside the engine during start up. The 30 is how fast the oil can travel inside the engine during running due to its lightness, the lower the viscosity the better. The higher the viscosity the slower the oil travel due to its due to its heavier weight. Try looking for oils with seal conditioner since may kalumaan na yun engine to avoid oil leaks.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Best performance where in a GA16DE can handle based on my experience are the 5w30 oils. I cant say if its advisable for daily use. I only use this light oils every autocross, slalom, rwyb events before.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thank you po mga bossing! Kahit ba anong brand ok lang? Kung minsanan lang gamitin yung kotse susundin ko pa rin ba yung every 5,000 kilometer - Change Oil?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Any brand will do just check its specifically designed for gas powered engine. Its really up to you if you want to follow the every 5000 change oil for a vehicle that seldom used.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    mas magandang gamitin yung castrol oils..imo lang naman

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Of all brands of oil in the market, i dont use castrol due to sludge issues

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try Repsol oils.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Of all brands of oil in the market, i dont use castrol due to sludge issues
    What sludge issue? Used Castrol Magnatech 10w40 before in the Avanza and experienced no problem.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    How long have you been using magnatec?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Change Oil